PDA

View Full Version : EFT or IFTA? Who rips you off more??

NI66A
13th Jan 2004, 12:42
Hi.
Off to Florida to do the CPL later this year. However i seem to be getting conflicting reports about EFT & IFTA.
Can anyone set the record straight on which school to trust? The last thing i wanna do is get out there and be stung for bundles of cash by some unscrupulous flying cowboys!! :mad:
Cheers boys n' girls!

Megaton
13th Jan 2004, 15:54
Do a search on EFT and I think you'll fid no-one has had any real problems there. I did my CPL with them in '02 and was quite happy with a first time pass in min hrs.

oskar
14th Jan 2004, 01:34
hi there,
Going to florida is a good idea because it is cheap and the weather is good. I have experience of both flying schools and I would not consider them. I found them unorganised and although friendly and Promising the world, Id recommend you stay in the uk. I am not unique in pointing out these two schools, do a search and you will see for yourself.

Good luck

FlyingForFun
14th Jan 2004, 16:24
No experience of IFTA. But EFT certainly aren't out to rip you off. They are a very good school, with some excellent instructors. The vast majority of the (small amount of) criticism of EFT relates to things like the car hire and accomodation which they offer - not to their actual training.

However, when you're going to start off with the attitude that both schools are going to rip you off, and ask questions about which one will do so more than the other, that's not a good sign. If you have any evidence of people being ripped off, then stay away from the school. If you don't, then try to phrase your question better.

FFF
---------------

carbonfibre
14th Jan 2004, 23:34
Had experinces with IFTA,

Trusting them as far as you can throw them comes to mind, search on here for previous threads if the owner didnt have PPrune remove all the comments or contact me direct.

They never paid my money back thats all i will say!!!!:sad:

one shoe
16th Jan 2004, 06:46
Also been to IFTA

Never seen a good word posted about them or a happy student leave there.

You will regret it, same as everyone before you!!

shlaps81
17th Jan 2004, 04:33
Hi everyone,

I am currently at IFTA, and I think it is not so bad as everybody said !

I talked to a lot of overseas student doing their complete training here, they seem to be quite happy... they told me that before it wasnot so good, aircraft ****ty, not an efficient managment...

But they hired recently a mecano working only for the school, changed all the engines in the warriors and senecas... and it seems to turn good... although the aircrafts could be better ( talking about the instruments ) and the building is not so very clean but who cares !! you are not going to sleep there !

Instruction is very good also, and I think that is the most important. Managment is managment, they want their buisness to run... So After all I have read about this place, I don't think it is all true anymore, I did not mean that you haven't been ****ed up by those guys, but for the moment being it is going fine for me, hope I won't be disappointed...
I do not want to make any statement like : you have to go there or you don't, because it is a big responsability... so make a choice on your own and ask for example e-mail or phone number from student who are currently there and call !!!!! that is how I decided to go there....

Anyway good luck everyone

FlyUK
19th Jan 2004, 00:53
Well, i did a PPL and Night at EFT and found the training VERY professional. Certainly no problems there at all. I would very much recommend them.

Expedite. :ok:

African Drunk
21st Jan 2004, 02:34
IFTA not worth it.

skill
22nd Jan 2004, 09:26
hi guys i had a bad time with ifta ,and other guys that i trained with we are still trying to get money back from them ,some left ifta and went on to eft and had no probs with them.

Kami
29th Jan 2004, 23:35
Hi guys,

Could those who were in IFTA for CPL or other stuff tell me if they were there recently and how they got problems, because I visited it 3 years ago and was wondering if it changed a lot or not?...