View Full Version : Astraeus- Night stops?

Alex-AAE
12th Jan 2004, 23:47
Hi Boys and Girls,
I recently applied to Astraeus and feel very lucky to have been offered a position as crew with them, however I was under the impression that Astraeus didn't have any night stops.
Today I was told by a friend that a friend (Always the way) who works for Astraeus that they do indeed have night stops, in Gambia (2 Nights ) N.Y.C and some others. Is this true? If so I am now even more excited.
Please let me know.
Thanks all.

Alex

:D

Kelas
13th Jan 2004, 00:49
Astraeus do have night stops in Banjul and over the winter they sometimes have night stops in Lapland for the Santa flights however it's the first time I've heard that they fly to NYC!

Good luck with the job and hope you enjoy it.

flymeboy
13th Jan 2004, 01:29
Astraeus do a few night-stops, as mentioned Banjul, there is also Malarbo, and some day stops have been rostered to some people!

You can get about abit but mainly, the routes are there and back in a day! LGW - ASW - LGW is the best!!!!! NOT!!!!

The crew would love to do a NYC trip - it would be shop, shop, shop!

Enjoy your time with Astraeus!!!

FMB

starbag
13th Jan 2004, 01:39
Currently night stops are;

Limassol - Gorgeous 5 * hotel / spa for the Basrah flight (2 nights - or a daystop)

Banjul - either a few days down there, or a night stop in Bristol and a turnaround Banjul the next day

Malabo - min rest stop between two 7 hour night flights

Uralsk - 24 hours

Copenhagen - position on easyJet, 24 hours in the Hilton, and operate a 90 mintes sector the next day!!

Lots of regional night stops (EDI, NWI, BFS etc) and then day stops down route (Lapland, Christmas markets, Venice, Marrakesh etc.) during the quieter months.

Night stops spread fairly evenly amongst the crew, but sometimes some people end up with more that others due to the luck of the draw.

titmitch
15th Jan 2004, 03:49
what starbug said is true. When it comes to the new york ones i have heard rumours that we shall be going there but it will be a night stop in glasgow and new york there and back, but like the banjul there and backs it will be tight on hours and if there was to be one slight hiccup there's no doubt there would have to be a night stop in new york, but knowing astraeus it would be minimum hours stay in n.y. and you wouldn't see that much. Lets hope the company have a re think a decide to give the crew at least 24 hours!!:cool:

Aksai Oiler
15th Jan 2004, 12:19
Starbag - I didn't think Astraeus flew to Uralsk anymore (seeing as we have to fly Air Astana :yuk: )

As one of the former PAX from your flight to Uralsk I would like to say all is forgiven please come back - every Air Astana flight is LATE (today only 11 hours).:{

If somebody from Air Astana is reading this - try to do better because your time keeping is terrible.

Oiler

Hamrah
15th Jan 2004, 14:49
Astraeus does NOT fly to NY, and does not intend to.

H

titmitch
15th Jan 2004, 21:05
H
Very sorry the new york thing was something that i heard along the astraeus grape vine and what i thought from a reliable source i.e. a pilot

solution1
16th Jan 2004, 01:50
Glasgow to New York......there and back on the same day!!!
I've not heard anything so ridiculous in a long time - and I have been crew for some time now!

Do people really believe these rumours themselves, or do they just make them up to see what reaction they get from others??

Well it worked and you got one from me.......I can't believe I've wasted my time replying to that particular posting.

sweety
16th Jan 2004, 04:41
How sweet of you! Thank you!! :O

I remember those flights as the best ones - the pax were wonderful! Who knows, if the rest of them would have been the same, I might have still be flying... ;)

Aksai Oiler
16th Jan 2004, 21:04
Sweety

Many thanks too for the kind words, I always thought we were a bunch of oilfield trash !! Including the one flight with a drunken flasher.

:p