PDA

View Full Version : Channel Express

Huron Topp
12th Jan 2004, 19:30
Looking for some info regarding working for these folks. Atmosphere, morale, living in Bournemouth etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Huron Topp
13th Jan 2004, 03:07
Nobody works/worked for them, then??

Chuffer Chadley
13th Jan 2004, 16:33
It might very well be that nobody on the Wannabees boards works for them.

I live near Bournemouth, and it's pretty nice in places.

Have you tried the terms and endearment boards?

Ciao
CC

Saitek
16th Jan 2004, 03:46
Hi Huron,

I cannot tell you what Channex are like to work for though through a contact I was lucky enough to visit them today in Bournemouth and to be shown around.

Bournemouth is where the Channex and Jet2 operation is run from for all their bases and the atmosphere was professional and very friendly.

I had seen a presentation on the Dart group/Channex before a couple of times at Oxford and the Balpa employment conference, and I got a good impression then on what they may be like to work for as employee and now, having been there, that impression has been reinforced.

The senior manager that I was shown around by was really friendly and helpful. He took a lot of time to answer all of my questions, to show me around and to explain all of the various departments, there functions and the business in general.

My impression was of a great company to work for and that the management and staff are all one big happy team pulling in the same direction.

That's the good news......... the bad news is, (unless you know soemthing different), that they will not be needing low hours F/O's until later in the year or maybe 2005.

That said, they have just taken two cadets from the CTC ATP scheme into Jet2 so that could be a possible option to join the company.

Good Luck...