PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help in LA anyone?

pilotwolf
12th Jan 2004, 19:27
This is a bit of a strange request but...

I have a good friend in the south LA area of California who relies on his PC for contact with the outside world as due to his age and health is becoming more and more house bound.

Unfortunately he is not very (computer) technically minded. Most of his problems I can sort from the UK or during a spring clean when I visit. The problem is he has a habit of deleting things he doesn't reconise - including system files!

For some reason he has recently tried to reload XP and the machine won't run at all now!

I am looking for some one who, by recommendation, that will not rip him off and is goijng to be affordable for a veteran.

Please help - else it's going to cost me a ticket to LAX!

PW

Naples Air Center, Inc.
13th Jan 2004, 00:19
pilotwolf,

I have a friend that is very computer literate living in the Bay Area. From time to time, he travels down the coast to LA and SD.

I can ask him to see if he will in that area any time soon. Last I heard he was in Las Vegas for CES.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Another option, you could have him UPS me the computer and would be happy to do the install for you. (A lot cheaper than a flight across the pond.) ;)

pilotwolf
13th Jan 2004, 02:55
Thanks Richard - PM'd you back and waiting to hear from him.

PW