PDA

View Full Version : Cameroon

chris.debeer
12th Jan 2004, 15:42
Hello!

Is there anybody based in Cameroon that reads this board? I arrived here recently (not in aviation bussiness this time), and would like to make contact with some flyers here.

I am based in Douala, and know that NAC has a branch here (even though it is called National Airways Cameroon, its run by the SA NAC).

Thanks, and good flying!

Chris

soggyboxers
13th Jan 2004, 01:10
Chris,
I'm in Douala. I triede to send you a PM, but not sure if it got through. If you didn't get it PM me and maybe we can meet up for a beer.
Soggy

Gouabafla
15th Jan 2004, 16:06
I'm sorry, but I happen to know that no one can live in Cameroon, because it doesn't exist.

I tried booking flights from Paris to Yaoundé last week using a number of well known internet travel services and they all told me that there was no such city (as Yaoundé, not Paris).

Logically, if the capital doesn't exist, then the country mustn't exist either. Funny that, it seemed to be there last time I visited.

chris.debeer
15th Jan 2004, 17:39
Now you really have me worried. I might be stuck in an alternate dimension!

I look out the window, and see Douala. But if Cameroon doesn't exist, then Douala can't exist either.

:{

How am I ever going to get home now? :uhoh:

soggyboxers
15th Jan 2004, 19:24
Mon Dieu,
It must be due to the harmattan, which is very strong this morning!
However, Air France has daily flights to Douala and yiou can then get a luxury bus or a CamAir flight to Yaounde, or SN fly direct Bruxelles to Yaounde.
Good luck with finding a route to our alternate universe;)

Gouabafla
16th Jan 2004, 18:48
Actually, AF even have direct flights to Nsimalen (Yaoundé), at least I hope they do because I'm booked on one for tomorrow. But, if my experience is anything to go by, you can only book it online direct from Air France themsleves.

Expedia and a couple of other firms kept telling me that there was no such city as Yaoundé and no such airport as Nsimalen! All I can say is that I hope Air France are correct and not Expedia.

It will be nice to be back in the alternate universe - a British winter has its charms but they fade very quickly. Ten days of sun and a few meals of N'dole should be enough to carry me through till March.

soggyboxers
17th Jan 2004, 02:10
Gouabafla,
Hope you make Nsimalen okay tonight. The harmattan was moderately strong today. I'm just off for a bon N'dole mixte a Douala moi- meme ce soir. Bon appetit a toi!!:ok:
Soggy