PDA

View Full Version : Reputable flying school in melbourne for CPL and ATPL course

Nismo
12th Jan 2004, 14:42
G'day guys,
Im very keen to go over to melbourne to take up a CPL and ATPL license to realise my passion for flying and hopefully eventually can work for an airline.Anyone here can provide me with the neccessary info? Or maybe apart from melbourne,there's "d" school out there that u guys wanna share with me.I have heard about Massey and the Aviaiton Degree it offers,it earns alot of positive feedbacks but financially,Im not sufficient. I'm from singapore and most likely will start applying with SIA first.Hope to hear from u guys out there soon.Really will appreciate if u guys can share your point of view as choosing the wrong school which offers course that is not so integrated will means burning our own pocket and getting no recognisition. Happy flying....

cheers,
Nismo...

Ang737
13th Jan 2004, 05:18
Hi Nismo

Firstly good luck with your endeavours. I am in Melbourne now flying about the place so I have seen most schools around. If your looking at Moorabbin look into Royal Vic Aero Club (Joe) or Peter Bini Advanced Flight Training (Steve) of GFS (dont know anyone in there). GFS train the QF cadets

Essendon look at NAT... Speak to Melanie.

In terms of ATPL there is only the theory component to be done before working the hours up towards the ATPL. Try and contact Lionel Taylor in Melbourne for that or if you don't mind travelling you will not go too far wrong with Nathan Higgins in Maroochydore Advanced Flight Theory (http://www.aft.com.au)

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions drop me a line.

Ang ;)

Di_Vosh
17th Jan 2004, 11:27
Hi Nismo.

If you go to the page:

www.moorabbinairport.com.au

and follow the tenant directory or the "learning to fly" links, you'll find all the flying schools listed.

Good luck with your flying

DIVOSH!

Xcel
26th Mar 2004, 04:59
hey all.
not sure about south coast but in sydney, schofields flying club is awesome. went to tafe and all the people from there followed my choice as i had a little experience.

every single student was happy and i got praised from all, not a single complaint about anything.

very good instructors well maintaned fleet and excellent admin staff. very nice environment good facilities also well priced.

ended up quiting tafe as they offer Diploma and Cert. IV now and have overseas student approval. also give exellent training from ab-initio through to ATPL and more.

any queries about schools in bankstown pm me as i have now studied and worked here for 4 years and have very unbiased and educated knowledge of the airport