PDA

View Full Version : Latest Regarding type rating training in USA.

the road atlas
12th Jan 2004, 11:37
Regarding type rating training in USA.

This appeared in a job ad for a turbo prop pilot position by a Canadian company in the past. Just wondering what the latest is on this subject. Also, if a non Americian with only the 90 day tourist visa (or visa weivier I think it is) allready holds a FAA ATPL do you still need all the back ground checks and waits to do a Flight saftey type rating?
"Training will be completed by Flight Saftey USA, Hence, successful candidates must have a type rating on an A/C with MTOW of 12,500 or greater for entry into the USA."

mutt
12th Jan 2004, 19:47
Also, if a non Americian with only the 90 day tourist visa (or visa weivier I think it is) allready holds a FAA ATPL do you still need all the back ground checks and waits to do a Flight saftey type rating?

The 90 tourist visa is NOT VALID for flight training, it permits you to be a TOURIST.

All flight training in the USA requires a proper visa, holding a FAA ATPL may permit you to do the short version of the back ground check, it depends on what country you come from......

Mutt.

Squawk7777
15th Jan 2004, 07:57
question is though does the INS (ex DoJ, or whatever it is now) background check comply with the requirements to get an over12.5 type rating? (visa issues laid aside)

Lear and Citation type ratings are also subject to the 12.5 rule since some models' t/o weight is less than 12.5.

7 7 7 7

the road atlas
16th Jan 2004, 02:56
Thanks Guys and Girls,

Had a good look at the Verification of Authenicity of Foreign License, Rating and Medical Certification Form, I don't see how it effects me as the purpose of that form from what I can tell is to make sure you do have a license, I can show an FAA Licnese, wouldn't that do the trick?

Does any body else have any links or other idears of what might effect this situation.

I really don't see how all this who har is making the USA any "safer", I am sure there are plent of sims around the world that could be used for bad intent. Anyways, just wondering if anyone has jumped through these hoops recently ?

atlas

the road atlas
29th Jan 2004, 15:00
I see the link on the top of this forum, Does any body have a link for the DOJ forms??

atlas

Squawk7777
30th Jan 2004, 22:26
what forms exactly? Check the flight safety site, or AOPA ...

7 7 7 7

westelevengenius
5th Feb 2004, 05:09
Try this web address, will answer everything in detail with furthers links...

http://www.fsbti.com/flight_training/

Hope this helps!!!!