PDA

View Full Version : FlightSafety Dispatcher Course?

n818af
12th Jan 2004, 03:04
Hi, I am considering to take a flight dispatcher course with FlightSafety. My potential employer always prefer to hire someone with CPL and FD license; this is the reason that compels me to get the FD. I know FSI is kind of new in this area and most people recommends Sheffield. Wondering which school I should attend.

Any advice appreciated! :D

templar
21st Jan 2004, 10:41
Hi there,

I did a bit of research before choosing the right dispatcher school for me and when it came down to it Sheffield was the one. They've been in the business longer than anyone else, the instructors are top notch, grade A+ guys and the owner of the school is always there! I have a pal goin to Flt Safety in April cos it's close by where he lives. It sounds ok but your best bet would be to search the net for any bad press on them. Sounds to me like they're just jumpin on the band wagon, they do practically every other FAA licence course so why not dispatcher? At least Sheffield is a dedicated course plus they give FREE recurrent training for all graduates. You cant beat an offer like that!
I'm bein biased cos I went there but just check out the website they have. I got hired after 14days!!! No bullsh*t .

Need to know anything else then post it here and I'll answer.

Ciao

FireFoxDown
25th Jan 2004, 23:19
Hi guys,

Im thinking about doing an FD course so that i can "get my foot in the door" of the industry while im working on pilot training - would you be so kind as to post some tips for me doing this? I live in Dublin but the options here are limited so i think i will probably end up travelling to the UK to do. Can you tell me how long they usually last for? Where i can do it? etc. etc.

Any info is greatfully appreciated! thanks!! :ok:

Lewy Boy
28th Jan 2004, 00:12
I went to Flight Safety in New York and did my dispatcher course and found the course to be excellent. The lecturers are all very experienced in what they are doing and that helps so much as the course is extremely difficult. The school is also right next to La Guardia airport so you get to see loads of aircraft first hand. I passed the exam the day after the course finished and it was purely down to Sabry, Dave, Mark and all the crew at Flight Safety(as well as a bit of personal effort). Any questions PM me and i`ll be happy to help.

LB