PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughly p****d off!

fireflybob
24th Oct 2001, 15:24
Just got another no letter from a certain employer - when you been through all the hassle and heartache of answering all the weird questions on all the different application forms for all the various employers and spent the money on the passport photos and postage, only to get the standard "no" letter it just p****s me off - they have not even got the courtesy to well you WHY!!!

I am sure there are plenty other aircrew out there who are unemployed as a result of 11th September or if not they are worried if they are going to be next.

Just how do you cope with all this s**t?? Why did I ever get involved with this industry?

Steepclimb
24th Oct 2001, 15:45
Do what I did and give the damm thing up for a while. Then you remember why you got involved in the first place. There is nothing quite like it, excpet perhaps showbiz, having done both.
Where else are you expected to pay fifty quid to even apply for a job, yes showbiz again.

They say you've been cured when you don't look up as an aircraft flies over. Anyone know where you can go to get a cure?

I can't help wondering if it'a all worth the hassle. We all should have spent our time getting rich and using the money to buy something for fun flying.

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: Steepclimb ]

Axerock
24th Oct 2001, 16:43
Fireflybob

You need to remember the old saying that people gravitate to job titles which do not reflect there abilities.

So ..... Personnel people have no personality and Human Resources people have no humanity. Therefore why should they bother with even the remotest courtesy.

This holds true for all industries -not just aviation.

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: Axerock ]

Luca_brasi
25th Oct 2001, 03:06
Does that mean that aviatiors cant aviate??? :rolleyes:

tony draper
25th Oct 2001, 03:29
Does't appear to be such a thing as a safe Profession, or a job for life now.
Undertaker perhaps?, although just when you thought you were set for life, some bastard would probably come up with a immortality pill. ;)

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Loki
25th Oct 2001, 22:19
Herr Draper:

To complete the list of safe jobs, the other one would be Tax Collector.

Except people would want to kill you of course.

TAF Oscar
25th Oct 2001, 23:21
And then there's refuse disposal operative, or binman to you and me. People will always need their bins emptying.

The conditions are rubbish though.

Gash Handlin
26th Oct 2001, 01:19
Taf,

Refuse Disposal Operative is a tricky job, not only are the conditions rubbish, theres no training package, you're just expected to pick it up as you go along.

ok I'll get me coat :D

pigboat
26th Oct 2001, 01:48
Steepclimb, been retired two years. Still get sunburned tonsils.

In keeping with things that pi** you off, has anyone ever been told by their boss, "We need to give more than 100%?"
I've come across a system that may prove helpful to arrive at that figure. Goes like this.
Give a numerical value from 1 to 26 for each letter of the alphabet - thus A=1, B=2 etc. HARDWORK would then add up to 8+1+18+4+23+15+11=98%.
KNOWLEDGE would be 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5=96%.
ATTITUDE would be 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5=100%.
However BULLS**T and only BULLS**T will add up to greater than 100% - 2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20=103%.
I hope that clears things up a little. :D

Steepclimb
26th Oct 2001, 03:49
So true Pigboat, I read in a book years ago that only pilots and children look at the sky. I just can't figure out which one I am.

I still look at each and every one I see, the pity of it is that I don't get to look down anymore.