PDA

View Full Version : Korean

Twin2040
11th Jan 2004, 15:26
Hi. Could anybody help with details on Korean Cargo - joining requirements - contact info - and where you can be based. Many thanks. Twin2040.

Frenzy
11th Jan 2004, 19:35
http://www.biusa.com/

Jim Morehead
12th Jan 2004, 15:08
Was there any development that caused Koren to hire though their agency called BiUSA? Is that the only agency that hired for Korean?

Last I looked Korean was not hiring and they had some union "disputes" about hiring expats and that DECs were essentially shut off.

Not looking for a job <bfg>,but wonder why this suddenly came up.

JIM
p.s.-sure gets colder up in SEL compared to Taipei. Today is even jacket weather in TPE!

Midnight Mike
18th Jan 2004, 02:32
Hmmm? That website must be very old, KAL is not going to hire anymore EXPATS for the MD11 or any of the other aircraft as well. The MD11 and A300 are going to be phased out, watch your 6 with this BIUSA website.

Jim Morehead
18th Jan 2004, 03:21
Thanks for the info on Korean. I am not sure why the thread came up. Then someone posted the web site. Apparently the hiring agency is in Texas.

What is confusing to an outsider is that their web site says they are HIRING and you say NO. I was aware of the "restrictions" at Korean and that is fine if that is what they "negotiate" with their union, etc.

Has any expat started as a direct entry 777 CAP or a 747-400 CAP in the last Year, for example? Are they hiring F/Os? Are they getting new airplanes that is a net PLUS?

If they are currently not hiring with no intention to do so, it is a case of "bait and switch" to tell the world that hiring for DEC is taking place. I suppose they can always solicit applications,but ads in most countries can not be misleading. America, for one country, has laws against this.

Nothing personal and I am not looking for a job. Either YOU'RE right or THEY'RE right. I'd like to believe YOU!!!

Does Korean recongnize Chinese New Year at all or is it "just another holiday" to Koreans?

I fly an extra section up there on the 27th,so there must be enough people in Korean who want to go to TPE.

BTW,how often does it snow in SEL in the middle of winter like Janauary and February? At sea level, it would be uncommon to have snow at the airport on the ground, right? I used to fly there from SFO,but I recall snow being very little. The ski resorts love it though!