PDA

View Full Version : if I became an fATPL today...

Pilot16
11th Jan 2004, 07:30
If I was a newly qualified fATPL today...

than apart from Instructing, what kind of a flying job will I have a chance of getting into?

Im a PPL now, and really dont see myself instructing, only as a very last resort. I guess this is the situation most fATPL find themselves in. But say i was at the right place at the right time :rolleyes: , whats the best job i can hope for with a CPL/IR MCC (fATPL) 250 or so hours thats not instructing!?

VFE
11th Jan 2004, 08:59
There are some decent positions being filled by those in the know. Heard of guys flying the B757, ATR 72, A320 and 748 who were taken on with circa 250 hours and a cheeky grin. Still gotta know someone and be lucky though.

VFE.

mad_jock
11th Jan 2004, 09:37
As there is no such qualifiation as FATPL you are on plums.

You are a CPL/IR with very low hours and as such are as qualifed as you local milkman in flying a multicrew aircraft.

Go and do your MCC so people will talk to you.

Good luck

MJ

ecj
12th Jan 2004, 14:34
Right place at the right time, AND knowing someone on the "inside" can prove very useful.

FlyingForFun
12th Jan 2004, 16:20
If I was a newly qualified fATPL today...

than apart from InstructingMight be worth pointing out (although it doesn't answer the question) that you can't instruct on a fATPL - you will need an FI(R) too.

FFF
-------------

Pilot16
13th Jan 2004, 05:00
Hi thanks to all the replies.

What VFE stated is quite impressive.

What I MEANT by 'fATPL' is ofcourse CPL/IR as it is generally meant in the aviation world. I also meant it had an MCC with it.

Thanks FFF, I do know I would need a FI rating to instruct.
Thanks for pointing it out tho.

Regards.