PDA

View Full Version : Meteorology Cd

TOT
11th Jan 2004, 03:40
Has anyone used or purchased the met CD produced jointly by the Met Office and Oxford Aviation Services. It is advertised as useful for studies from PPL, CPL through to ATPL.
If so did did you find it usefull? Do the question on the disk bare any resemblance to the CPL (A) met exam questions? Thanks

figair
11th Jan 2004, 05:35
hi tot
that CD is a must for the JAA ATPL Met exam, you can avoid bying notes, feedback, etc. It covers the subject in every single details. I have no relation with its realization (unfortunately, although i wish) therefore this suggestion is miles away from advertising. You may see my previous comment and

I USUALLY SAY WHAT I THINK

Best of luck on your studies.
N.B. the subject can be studied in less than a month with no tuition just a determined and constant use of that CD.
GO ON :ok:

QNH 1013
11th Jan 2004, 15:28
I'm doing the CPLs. I couldn't get a grip on Climatology from the notes, so I borrowed this MET CD for a couple of hours from another student on the brush-up course. I only watched the climatology part of the CD but I thought it was very good. Sorted me out, and suddently the subject became more logical to me. If the rest of the CD is as good as the part I used, then it has to be a "best buy". I passed the MET exam the following week. I wish I had bought the CD before starting the MET part of the course and I wish there were similar CDs for the other subjects.

Buter
12th Jan 2004, 05:25
The Met CD is very good. An added bonus is the "JAA style test" feature. The ATPL exam seemed to pick their questions from this bank of questions, making exam prep that much easier.

Cheers,
Buter