PDA

View Full Version : Watch your bags

HotDog
10th Jan 2004, 23:45
On a recent trip to Hong Kong, I boarded the A11 bus to Admiralty. The bus was pretty crowded with all lower deck seats occupied so after placing my suitcase on the luggage rack, I climbed the stairs to the upper deck. When I went down approaching Admiralty, I discovered my suitcase had been nicked with ten days worth of necessaries inside. Spoilt an otherwise great trip!

Kaptin M
11th Jan 2004, 06:03
Gee that was pretty trusting of you, HD. I don't know of ANY country on this planet, except Japan, where the same thing would not have occurred.
There are a lot of people with a lot less, who are always on the lookout to improve their lot.

I guess you wouldn't get away with doing what you did in the US for security reasons - try leaving a suitcase on its own and you'd likely find the pax evacuate before you'd made it up the steps - and yourself handcuffed, headbagged and sent to Guantanamo!!

HotDog
11th Jan 2004, 06:31
Won't do it again but this is the first time something like this happened to me in 33 years of living in Hong Kong, prior to my retirement. The only place you can put your luggage on these, otherwise very efficient bus services, is the luggage rack situated behind the driver.

Whiskery
11th Jan 2004, 07:10
It wouldn't have happened in Singapore Kap !:D

christep
11th Jan 2004, 21:15
Whenever I've been on one of these buses there has been a CCTV pointing at the luggage area with monitors upstairs so that you can see if anyone touches your bag. Presumably this is recorded as well - did the bus company offer a video to the police?

HotDog
12th Jan 2004, 04:25
I made a police report and suggested to Citybus that they should install CCTV cameras, which they haven't got.