PDA

View Full Version : Buying components to self-build...KUL, SIN or HKG?

Captain Over
10th Jan 2004, 23:36
Where's the best, and "cheapest" place to buy non-grey-market ORIGINAL PARTS to put a first-class system together?

Opinions welcome!

:D :D :D

Naples Air Center, Inc.
11th Jan 2004, 02:49
Captain Over,

Before we look that the best place to buy the parts, lets look at the parts you want to get. Once we know what you want, it is easier to point you to a place that sells them.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Let us know what you are planning on doing with the computer and we could offer suggestions on what will best serve your needs.

spannersatcx
11th Jan 2004, 18:54
Sham Shui Po golden computer centre, or Mong Kok, let me know what you are looking for and I'll price it up for you.

There is a website that gives components and prices just can't remember the url......quick search on google and here it is HKGgolden.com (http://buycomp.hkgolden.com/)

Captain Over
12th Jan 2004, 04:27
Richard: I want to wait to present a wish-list until Intel debuts a stable 64-bit chip. I've already made my mind up on that chip issue, just have to wait now. The parts are all dream-team components. The locations I mentioned, KUL, HKG, and SIN are easy for me to get to for buying things. I am a bit leery on KUL and HKG due to grey-market parts which have been an issue in the past, and most I know who buy from SIN have true-brands.

I believe I saw your post a few months back, spannersatcx, re those shops. Last time I passed through I didn't have time to check them out, but will consider.

My wish-list is for the best components, but once Intel releases that chip I can release my list. I just wonder what of these three stops is the one to choose for good quality parts, and the best prices: KUL, HKG or SIN? Any other lurkers care to post?

Thanks, everyone.
C.O.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
12th Jan 2004, 05:45
Captain Over,

If we are waiting on a Stable Intel 64bit Processor, then we have plenty of time. :D

It will be interesting to see what hardware will be on the market by then. My guess, we will be running everything on PCI Express (http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,522663,00.asp) by then. ;)

Take Care,

Richard