PDA

View Full Version : Public C of A

bobforster
10th Jan 2004, 22:29
So we've got this aging C172 on a private C of A owned by a group. Getting a bit tatty and high engine hours. So we're thinking of giving it a new zero timed engine and a respray and hiring it out to help build up a sensible fund. Now if hiring it out needs a Public C of A, then what's required to move from the existing Private to a Public C of A ? Must be possible I guess?

Genghis the Engineer
11th Jan 2004, 05:43
All components within hours for a public CofA.

All owner-signed-for maintenance re-checked and signed off by LAME.

All paperwork, particularly component forms 1 re-checked to be at Public CofA standard.

All ANs and ADs for public CofA use up to date.

The cost will depend a great deal on the type, ADs in force, how good the paperwork is, how long since it was operated on a public, and a small element of luck.

Might be worth checking how the EASA regs will change things, since I believe that it's moving to only a single category of CofA which may simplify things hugely. I'm afraid I've no detailed informaiton on that, your local CAA regional office might be able to advise.

G

Lear_doctor
14th Jan 2004, 22:56
You may want to consider checking the ANO. Schedules 4 and 5 differ depending on whether you are operating privately or for public transport. It may be that your aircraft will need modification or the addition of equipment.

Whilst on the subject of the ANO, the following articles and schedules make specific reference to aircraft operating for public transport, and may be worth a read

Art 11,14,31,33,34,35,38,45,62,71,117.
Schedule 11

I doubt this is an exhaustive list, but I'm sure it's enough to be going on with!

Regards

The Doc