PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Thailand

Khaosai
10th Jan 2004, 02:46
Hi, any light aircraft pilots in and around BKK know of any cheapish flying to be had. I would like to do a few hours whilst there on holiday. Rgds.

Taikonaut
10th Jan 2004, 10:30
Try this site: http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/

It's located between Bangkok and Pattaya Beach. About an hour south east of the city.

kwaiyai
12th Jan 2004, 09:45
Also If you fancy going North there is a club in Changmai. You Can get a link to there site on The TFC website.
Enjoy:cool:

Aileron Roll
12th Jan 2004, 17:34
Kwaiyai

check your private messages

kwaiyai
12th Jan 2004, 18:41
Hi Aileron Roll,
Sorry Cannot Chicken and beer Finished lah.

Khaosai
13th Jan 2004, 05:01
Thanks guys, kwaiyai check your PM, Rgds.

the raven
23rd Jan 2004, 16:04
Hi Guys

I find that the cost of hiring aircraft in Thailand is quite expensive compared to the US for example.

At the Thai flying club and Chiang Mai, it costs around 3000+ Baht an hour for a Cessna 150.

I would like to know if any of you would be interested in sharing the cost, and logging multi time?

PM me back

raven

the road atlas
4th Feb 2004, 10:30
How hard is it to get a Thai License if you have a ICAO one? Is it heavily based on the Britsh system or is it easy to convert a PPL, CPL ??

thanks

kwaiyai
8th Feb 2004, 12:01
Hi Road Atlas,
Only from memory this but I was told sit the written exam and I think there is a GH Flight test. Either way if you are serious about getting your Thai PPL check out the Thaiflyingclub.com website and email em. If not try the Chaing mai club.
Enjoy :cool:

robione
20th Apr 2004, 03:22
Been there,done that at the Thai flying club in late Jan this year.Flew a 172 with an elderly instructor who was a very nice chap whos name evades me.Its not cheap by any means,better go the states if thats what you want.If anyone knows the instructors name let me know for my log book.Ive trawled the website and cant find it.About 60ish,glasses,grey and thinning,hope he cant read english.:ok: