PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Operations At Manchester/Etc (Merged)

ek_20
9th Jan 2004, 19:40
IVE BEEN HEARING RUMOURS THAT EMIRATES WILL BE STARTING A THIRD DAILY FLIGHT FROM DXB TO MAN AT THE END OF 2004.
ALSO, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON WHY THEY HAVE DECREASED THE NUMBER OF SEATES ON THEIR SECOND DAILY FLIGHT (STARTING MARCH 10 2004) WHEN THAT IS THE MORE POPULAR OF THE TWO.

INFORMATION DESPERATELLY NEADED!!!

THANX

OHH. AND BY THE WAY, IM NEW HEAR....!!!!!

ETOPS
9th Jan 2004, 19:54
EK_20

Welcome aboard! Sorry I don't have the answers to your question but here's a friendly tip.

CAPITALS are used to denote shouting.......

sharpshot
9th Jan 2004, 20:16
I heard that UAE's 330's were going to be retrofitted with new business class interior's with increased legroom etc - hence reduction in total capacity.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
9th Jan 2004, 20:18
Hi EK i`ll whisper to you
The lunch time flight is upgrading to a B777 ( I am led to believe a B777-300) and the evening a 3 class A330 which we have not had before! I have also heard this about the 3rd service and believe it would be an early am flight at back end of year

Could be a good time to start new service as a lot less people will be going west this autumn for their jollies
and I would think quite a few will head for the far east and with their wonderful connections at DXB

Golf India Bravo

ek_20
9th Jan 2004, 20:28
But why have they changed the 2nd daily flight to a 3 class aircraft from a 2 class(285 seats to 243) and the 1st daily to a 777-200(285 seats to 353) when the second was the more popular?

maxalt
9th Jan 2004, 20:39
Any rumour about them starting DXB - DUB this year?

ek_20
9th Jan 2004, 20:41
No.
This year they will be starting Glasgow, Shanghai, Vienna and possibly New york.
Dublin might come in 2005!!

ek_20
9th Jan 2004, 22:46
In would be grateful if someone could give me around up of the destinations that will have increased frequency this year.
thanx!!

Capt Groper
9th Jan 2004, 23:39
SYD, MEL, MAN, BHX & LGW @ this stage!:ok:

ek_20
9th Jan 2004, 23:49
does this meen LGW will be increased to 4xdaily, sydney to 2x daily and MAN 2 3X DAILY!!!

ek_20
9th Jan 2004, 23:59
IVE heard that EK will start flights to JFK from MAN in late 2004!!!

Bagso
10th Jan 2004, 00:48
I would have EMIRATES base 10 aircraft at Manchester operating daily to various destinations in the USA, Far East, South Africa, India Japan etc etc...

akerosid
10th Jan 2004, 01:43
Maxalt, I've heard from a usually reliable source that EK will be starting a DUB service this Autumn. They are to start with 4-5 flights weekly, using 332s.

With regard to US flights, I'm not sure what the position is re the oversight problem. However, I can't help wondering if US approval delays have as much to do with the prospect of 200+ Middle East pax flying into the US daily, as with oversight issues. Please don't interpret that as racist in any way, but I think EK might find the US a less lucrative place than they might expect. After all, with European pax already feeling the heat - with new visa regulations, goodness knows what regulations will be put in place for M/E pax.

TURIN
10th Jan 2004, 02:00
The MAN-New York service rumour has been knocking about for a few months now. It does tie it up nicely with the rumour of an A340 transiting through MAN.

How does DXB-JFK-MAN-DXB sound??:D

Ringwayman
10th Jan 2004, 02:34
EK will be using the A340s on non-stop DXB-USA services; they've not had any intentions of operating MAN-JFK (joining a few other airlines that have been offered it!).

The 3rd daily MAN service has been put back a little while (October now seemingly the "new" start date), whilst 2007 could see another development.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
10th Jan 2004, 02:37
Wouln`t be a certain double decker would it?

Golf India Bravo

quarefellah
10th Jan 2004, 17:38
akerosid & others int. in EK to EIDW

Hi!
This autumn for DUB ops. would be great but I'm not so sure it'll be that soon. For one they haven't mentioned it in their operating plan for 2004:(
Also I'm not so sure the traffic is there to support a DXB-DUB sector. A (relatively) small population and not many connecting to the sub-continent (unlike the UK sectors) doesn't seem to add up. I think a once weekly service to start would be the way to go. And I'm not at all biased:)

Slan agus beannacht

akerosid
11th Jan 2004, 15:05
It's true that DUB was not in EK's plan for this year. However, GF is operating a number of charters to DXB over the Winter and while it had intended to start with only two, these are being extended for a few months and it was/is widely expected that GF would go scheduled. Needless to say, this fact has been drawn to EK's attention, i.e. "if you don't go ahead, you'll lose it altogether". Aer Rianta has been pursuing EK closely and I understand that there have been approaches at a high level. It's also been made known (by EK) that it has been very successful in attracting business from Ireland, so they're certainly not pushing a closed door.

As regards the traffic available, there is (as GF's service suggests) an increasing demand and DXB would be popular as a tourist resort. However, it is of course DXB's popularity as a hub which makes it most attractive. Freight will do very well and EK has the opportunity to become the preferred carrier of Irish exports to many new markets. Its Australian network will be of particular interest, as will flights to SA. In short, EK could do very well out of Ireland. But of course, they must get in before GF does. It's a small market, so it will be a case of winner takes all.

positive
12th Jan 2004, 16:49
Hi Akerosid,

Is there any details of the GF charters due to Dublin for the remainder of the winter as there was none in this weekend also I 've seen no advertisement since the last flight on the 3rd of this month thanks.