PDA

View Full Version : Low flying plank 2. East Coast this time!

StevieTerrier
9th Jan 2004, 17:30
Here's another one for Bose-X to defend! This was taken during an aerial photo sortie around Whitby during the arrival of the replica HMS Endeavour.

Suffering my usual abuse from the photog after telling him that as we were over the harbour we would be staying at 1500', he relied, "Well what about him then?". And there below us circling over the city and harbour was matey-boy as seen below.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/StevieTerrier/84+Low+Flyer.JPG

Flytest
9th Jan 2004, 17:39
Careful matey, you'll end up with all the whiter than white brigade on your case, I mean, are you sure he was flying low? do you have any witnesses? innocent til proven guilty, was your camera calibrated? have you filed an airprox? maybe he was in an emergency?

:E

Red Wine
9th Jan 2004, 18:19
Or maybe he/she is on approach to land....afterall the wheels are down...

Flytest
9th Jan 2004, 18:28
Does look suspiciously like an airfield in the top of the picture? Assume from the tone of your post it isn't?

Say again s l o w l y
9th Jan 2004, 18:36
StevieT I'll assume you got the reg. Then do something about it.

All this holiier than thou stuff is really sticking in my throat. No Heli pilot has even broken rule 5 have they? Stop bitching and sort it. This is just making us all look pathetic.

S-Works
9th Jan 2004, 18:42
For Gods sake you muppets, I have not defended anyone. I just declinded to condemn anyone without evidence!

Where was this taken, was it an approach to an airfield?

If the aircraft in this picture is indeed flying illegally then file a complaint.

If not then quit stirring the crap!

I agree with SAS totally no wonder there is a percieved divide between Rotary and F/W. I can see where it comes from.

Flytest
9th Jan 2004, 18:55
Muppets? Careful bose, I know guys who are less tolerant than others around here, they might take offence at your agressive tone and start looking for you.

Tell you what, its friday, why not just chill a bit, have a beer, a few laughs maybe.. Didn't you have a pop at me on the other thread for failing to spot a wind up??

:ok:

Heliport
9th Jan 2004, 19:40
I've left the pic in place because it doesn't show the a/c reg or otherwise identify the pilot.
I assume StevieTerrier hasn't provided any information to the CAA, has no intention of doing so, and has posted the picture here purely for its information/entertainment value.

CAA personnel read PPRuNe.

Don't post anything in this forum which might lead to another pilot (rotary or f/w) getting into trouble with the CAA.

Happy Landing !
9th Jan 2004, 20:49
Well Modded Heliport:ok:

It does look like the approach to Rochester Airport though

StevieTerrier
9th Jan 2004, 21:15
No I didnt get the reg and I didnt bother looking for it, too busy trying to find the ship!

Aiprox, Flytest? I was at 1501' and he was about 1300' below me so I didnt need to worry abouy that. :ok:

My photog is getting on a bit now and slowing down, so he only got this snap as the a/c had cleared the town/harbour on his third circuit, missing all the really juicy opportunities.

As Heliport rightly said, I merely posted the photo for its excellent wind-up value. And if anybody considers me biased, i would have had my man take a snap of the MD500 which was hovering above the waves about 50 metres from the ship (presumably taking photos). Unfortunately this was happening about a mile off-shore, so you'll just have to take my word for it!

Bose-X - if you come on this forum you have to be prepared for everything you say to be disputed, even when, like me, you are right all the time. It's a fling-wing thing.....

High Nr
9th Jan 2004, 21:49
A ship....this old one is made of wood, and has a blunt and a pointy end...gee shouldn't be to hard to find Steve, considering that you find fault in everybody else.

Your over land Steve, even you won't find a ship there.....

AlanM
10th Jan 2004, 01:54
nice pic! lol

As a mere ATCO I would like to join in.....

Maybe the pilot THOUGHT he was at 1500ft. (200 ft is only 7 mb or so)

It is always worth remembering that when we are verifying yr Mode C, we have a 200ft tolerance.

So - when you say level at 1500ft you could be showing 1700ft but you could also be showing 1300ft.

And before you say anything - am neither defending or flaming the pilot here!!!!!

Cheers

StevieTerrier
10th Jan 2004, 02:00
High Nr - thanks for the heads-up on ship construction, if the Endeavour ever returns to Whitby I'll know what I'm looking for..

"shouldn't be too hard to find Steve, considering that you find fault in everybody else" Ha! Nice play on words, congratulations!

Yes, I was born with the gift - the priceless gift - of being able to scoff at those less fortunate than myself. What can I say???