PDA

View Full Version : BA085 LHR (T4) - Vancouver 2/2/04

Tonic Please
9th Jan 2004, 07:13
What plane type will I be on, and is there any chance I could have a little chat with the crew before the flight, or am I still a security threat?

Smooth skies
Dan

(p.s - id like to know where you found out what plane I was on if anyone does :) )

FlyUK
9th Jan 2004, 15:56
Should be a 747-400. Best thing is to ask. Depending on how busy the crew are i'm sure they would be happy to talk to you. Ask one of the FA to ask the Captain if you can just see the flight deck before push back.

Expedite. :ok:

p.s, General knowledge i spose, but if you download the electronic timetable from the BA website it gives you the aircraft type.

Globaliser
9th Jan 2004, 17:49
It's scheduled to be a 747-400, in the low yield configuration. That is to say this one (http://www.seatexpert.com/BA747_38.HTML). Late changes are not uncommon, so you shouldn't take as absolute gospel until you have seen the aircraft on the day.

The information about aircraft type is available in lots of places, starting with BA's own website - look at the timetable pages. To see the scheduled seating configuration, one way is to make a dummy booking on an online travel agency and take it as far as the seat maps before cancelling.

Tonic Please
9th Jan 2004, 18:33
Thanks for the replies. I have quite a good knowledge of aircraft etc, been interested and studied all my life! (19 years). I thought it might be a 777 you see. Thats why I asked.

Is anyone on PPRuNe perhaps able to make arrangements for me to have a chat with the crew? I would be delighted if I could, as I have not had a jumpseat for about 6 years, and I have gotten a bit more mature to sustain a conversation now, instead of asking how much they get paid! :eek: Shocking young 13 year old I was ;)

Smooth skies,

Dan :)

Bluejay
9th Jan 2004, 18:39
Dan

Unfortunatelty with no contacts at LHR I wouldn't be able to assist on this one, not sure but Bealine may know someone.

As far as a Jumpseat goes, unless you hold a BA identity card it is highly unlikely that you will be able to use the jumpseat even for a chat. Depends on the crew on the day I suppose.

Anyway your best bet as far as talking to the flight deck would be to ask at check in, I have had similar requests although I am not sure if they have ever been followed up, again I guess it depends on the crew.

Hope this helps

Bluejay

Pax Agent
4th Feb 2004, 20:18
This is kind of on the same lines as the other questions...Flying to JFK on 18th Feb BA175 (10:55AM) and was wondering if it would be the 744 38 club seat version or the 70 seater version???

Any ideas?

Would be grateful for some help!