PDA

View Full Version : Ek Sim Sessoin ?

Rieke
8th Jan 2004, 16:12
If you are flying the side stick Airbus for several years, is the SIM Session during EK interview on the old fashion Airbus or on the FBW?

White Knight
8th Jan 2004, 23:26
On the good 'ole 310:E

Rieke
10th Jan 2004, 16:59
Why do they not check on the A 330 if they are looking for A 330 pilots?

Gillegan
10th Jan 2004, 19:05
I believe that for the F/O interview and for the first phase of the DEC interview (1st 3 days), whichever sim is available is used. Lots of training going on and limited simulator time available. For the second phase of the DEC interview (days 4 and 5), I believe that they use the sim for the aircraft you would be slotted for.

Scudrunner
10th Jan 2004, 23:02
If anyone has done the sim recently I would appreciate any info. (F/O interview end of month)

Cheers

Scud

flying fruit bat
13th Jan 2004, 12:03
What gilligan has said is the way it goes just pray you get the B-777.

Regards F.B

330 Man
20th Jan 2004, 00:26
Rieke,
It does not matter what you fly for the assessment. They give you the profile and have you fly in what ever sim is available that day. You can fly any sim bad the first time you are in it and probably will. They know that. They are looking for good basic skills, good judgement and command presence. You must make good decisions. (do not try and land from the last approach. It has a 40 knot tailwind.) Those that tried to land failed. Make good briefs, good call outs and if you are off on you hdg/alt/loc/gs than just say out loud "correcting". This lets them know you are aware of what is going on around you. Use the other pilot like a pack mule. The more you have him do the better you will look.

If you get the 310 remember: It has lots of power, be ready for it. Even on the single engine missed approach you will need nose down trim and careful pitch control. The speed bleeds off very quickly. One motion with both hands: one is adding toga power, the other is adding nose down trim at the same time. And obviously, with lots of power, additional rudder is a must. It is not hard to do. Just be ready for it.

Regards,

330 Man

Rieke
20th Jan 2004, 22:12
Thanks for the info 330 man. I will try my best!

Rosbif
21st Jan 2004, 03:17
And when you go slats 15 after an engine out, the rudder boost goes nuts, so do it wings level on downwind, not in the turn to base. Still catches me on checkrides. !!!
See you in Dubai
Cheers.