PDA

View Full Version : Meteorology up to ATPL standards.

EGCC4284
8th Jan 2004, 08:41
Can anyone tell me the name of that guy
who teaches meteorology on a one to
one bases up to ATPL standards.

I believe he is from down south somewhere.

I need his name and phone number.

I had his name once but have lost it.

Jinkster
8th Jan 2004, 16:33
I am not sure of the name - but I would imagine he is from oxford.

If you contact the CGI Mike Allen down their I am sure he will point you in the right direction.

www.oxfordaviation.net

All the best

Chris

Field In Sight
8th Jan 2004, 17:50
It's probably Steve Francis. I am sure there are other good guys from other schools also.

For me, he turned one of the "feared" exams into a pretty simple one an easy one.

Have a look here.
http://www.oxfordgroundschool.com/mainpages/brushups.htm

FIS.

redsnail
8th Jan 2004, 18:21
Is it Pete Lines you're after? If so, you can contact him at ATA in Coventry.

flyfish
9th Jan 2004, 08:35
The name you are after is John Standen, he is based at Oxford and is the Met god.

He runs one day brush ups at Oxford and they are very very good. If you want to pass met he is your man.

If you do a search on his name on pprune, you will be able to PM him.

No i dont work for Oxford, just a struggling student who has experienced his great teaching.

Metsys
10th Jan 2004, 03:19
Thanks Flyfish, for your nice comments,

I do my best. As you say, I am now at Oxford, was at SECOAT, then PPSC, helped out at Pilot Assist and Bristol, then to EPTA at Bournemouth, finally at Oxford.

Heck, my ex students are now Captains! I really feel old.

Anyway, all the best to the many I struggled with to hammer in enough met theory to pass the exam.

Anyone want to tell me how life is treating them, my Banbury number is 01295 710694 but it is ex-directory!

Need a MET book, buy Meteorology by Underdown and Standen, Underdown is dead, I re-wrote it for JAR.....Sorry Scroggs, but you were a student!

All the best to my many ex-students

John Standen

Subject Expert - Meteorology - OATS.

WX Man
10th Jan 2004, 20:30
Yes, I too can vouch for John Standen being the Don when it comes to Met! thoroughly reccommended.