PDA

View Full Version : SIA rostering 900hrs per year

capt2ezy
7th Jan 2004, 16:13
could someone please enlighten us as to how SIA achieve 900hrs rostering for b744 ,a340 ,b777 ????
minus the 4 or 5 weeks leave you get, this is crammed into 11 mnths approx ie approx 82hrs per mnth.
what would be a typical roster of flts ie, destinations, days off and trip lengths.also days off per mnth ?
:confused:

GreatWayToFly
7th Jan 2004, 17:59
easy.
All long hauls 12 hours rest and stop only.
All double crew or three man crew hours will be 50%/75% of actual flight time,and this is to be use as logged hours
Pre/post flight hour will not be part of your duty hour
Definately multi sector if you are operating regional,gone are the days of 2 sectors SIN/KUL/SIN
This is little of what i hear....

fire wall
8th Jan 2004, 07:08
Great way to fly,
Could you please check the following:

All long hauls 12 hours rest and stop only.
.....is it not the case "or the preceding flight duty period, which ever is the greater"

All double crew or three man crew hours will be 50%/75% of actual flight time,and this is to be use as logged hours
.........are you saying that the Captain logs only 50/75% of the flight time on a long haul? What 3 man crew do they have? I know of the a/c that had the accident in TPE was a 3 crew a/c but my understanding was the FAA stomped on them and insisted on 4man heavy crew to / from US.

Pre/post flight hour will not be part of your duty hour
...........reference the hour briefing prior........ can you confirm this?
And just to clarify, we are talking about the FDP or the DP?

GreatWayToFly
8th Jan 2004, 12:32
The earlier posting was related to me by a non airline guy.Roughly what was said

"give them all minimum rest outstation...go to London in the morning and get them operating at night back to SIN afterall with the changes soon it will be legal"

"why are they logging hours when they are sleeping or resting.Let them log the hours that they fly.If they log 50%(75%) they can be made to be more productive,fly more and still within the limits.From 4 SIN-LHR trip a month they can do 8"

"Cut off the 1 hour before and half hour after then some flights will need only 2 crew,no need wasting manpower.A lot of flights where you need 3 man or double crew can have less then"

I guess they can change the CA to suit the above since you now only need the president to sign