PDA

View Full Version : EK connections?

Altyre
6th Jan 2004, 17:25
Just a quick question for you guys in Dubai, based on what I read here and my own experience: is it possible to have an interview with EK if you are not sponsored or recommended by somebody inside the company?

bus canuck
6th Jan 2004, 17:59
In a word, "oui". I didn't know anyone before I got here...

druckmefunk
6th Jan 2004, 18:18
I think it is probably more likely. Most people who know someone in the company aren't applying at the moment, for obvious reasons.

dmf

Altyre
6th Jan 2004, 19:29
dmf
I don't really understand why somebody who has connections would NOT apply!!!
Can you explain that to me please?

druckmefunk
6th Jan 2004, 20:29
Alytre

A cursory glance at current threads will show that there are a lot of unhappy campers here (rightly or wrongly). I would suggest that the number of EK pilots who are encouraging their friends and colleagues to come here, would be a lot less than it was a year ago.

It would be a brave man (assuming he had other options) that would move to the middle east if his colleagues are telling him that it is the worst mistake they have ever made.

I'm not suggesting that everyone is saying that, but there is certainly a lot more people on these forums pushing that line than ever before. I can only assume that this gives some insight into what EK drivers are thinking.

dmf

Zomp
7th Jan 2004, 06:08
A few of my friends wanted to join as F/O's or DEC, now they changed their minds and I am thinking of joining them.
Can't recommend anybody to join EK since last year.