PDA

View Full Version : Performance exam questions

OneIn60rule
6th Jan 2004, 11:57
TO my horror I noticed later on that I had some feedback left before the performance exam. Turns out that 90% of the questions in my exam were on one of my feedback papers (didn't know I had it). I could kill some1!

No questions on the graphs in the CAP at all. (honestly)

Usual questions about VMCg, what will down slope do to your max tyre roll (got that wrong, sad)

What effect will wind have on climb rate etc..

Gimme questions such as what happens to your go around perf. and landing distance required if you select 20 instead of 10 degree flap.

Not saying this was an easy perf exam but a friend of mine walked out after 7 minutes, not because he failed but he had just seen it all too often before.

flyfish
7th Jan 2004, 07:30
7 MINUTES !!!!
I hope your friend passes, but it sounds to me like this person is relying on feeback to get a good pass.
I hope for his sake that he was 100% sure of each question he read, because i have heard that the CAA do "play" with questions to catch people who only learn feedback.

7 minutes in an exam is about as long as it takes me to get settled and start to concentrate, and what about the 7 minutes to check at the end you haven't ticked the wrong box.

very brave or fool hardy person.

Just another student
7th Jan 2004, 19:30
I agree that it is daft to rely totally on feedback. On the other hand, I sat both PoF and Perf on Monday and found that a vast percentage of both exams, were covered by the feedback I have. I still made errors, (especially in PoF) but I made sure that they were not made by me rushing the exam. I knew the answers, but due to various reasons, I changed a few and have therefore most likely dropped PoF :{ Examination technique has a huge part to play in passing these papers

Jinkster
7th Jan 2004, 20:52
JAS,

What feedback would you recommend for Perf? is the oxford stuff useful.

How about the others?

Beest of luck " he says in a cockney accent

Jinkster

Buter
9th Jan 2004, 06:34
Seven minutes sounds about right for Monday's perf. exam. Oxford may as well have written the exam, their feedback is that good.

Hope the next exam is as easy, but with topics like these on this forum, I somehow doubt it.

Cheers,
Buter