PDA

View Full Version : Malta

Dan319
6th Jan 2004, 07:26
Rumours in Maltese press. 2 low cost airlines including "1 big name" starting later this year. Any ideas who they are? :ok:

Dan319

lowfaresbuster
6th Jan 2004, 22:34
air malta have a new Low Cost Service to/from Stansted called fare4u http://www.airmalta.com

Number Cruncher
7th Jan 2004, 18:23
I understand Malta International Airport is currently negotioating with one of the UK low cost carriers about starting operations from May. As for who they are i am none the wiser..

Frankfurt_Cowboy
7th Jan 2004, 18:31
Ryanair to take heed of recent world events and launch a service to Tripoli (Malta)?

Wycombe
7th Jan 2004, 21:14
.....well, they managed to fly to somewhere in Sweden and call it Denmark.

Skunkie
11th Jan 2004, 10:29
well....think the problem is they are waiting the entry in Europe , supposed in may......

Skunkie

Skunkie
18th Jan 2004, 03:32
Take a look at the January inflight magazine in the seat pocket ...maybe they got it also at the ck in , if you`re not supposed to flight Air Malta.
The strategy is quite well explained, don`t know if the service will be agreable ;) surely not as current KM inflight service!

Skunkie

MEFLYBE
18th Jan 2004, 20:37
I would bet my last penny on Astraeus setting up some kind of low cost Malta operation out of London STN this summer.

Regards

Mike

Dan319
21st Jan 2004, 07:50
Planet air list LBA-MLA on website but do not appear low cost. More expensive than KM!

Friend flew Man-MLA with Astraeus at Christmas. Delay 6 hours MAN 3 hours MLA.

Dan319:cool:

Jetset320
21st Jan 2004, 17:48
So far, only Snowflake and Air Malta have announced low cost ops. to/from Malta. Snowflake will commence this summer schedule from Copenhagen and Oslo, whilst Air Malta will take on Stansted. Rumours of other operators are abound, but a strong rumour is Ryanair from Rome Ciampino.

Regarding Astraeus, they are presently contracted by the largest Maltese tour operator, which has already publicly declared it's intention of setting up it's own airline. Low cost with Astraeus could possibly be the first step.

BEST L/CONTROLLER
21st Jan 2004, 17:56
DAN!

Air Maltal are actually operating them flts to MLA from LBA, Planet air has only got a small allocation on that flt as a tour operater.

CHEERS!!!!!!:ok: