View Full Version : your experience before cabin crew?

miss b
6th Jan 2004, 02:32
Hi everybody,

I'd be interested to hear of your 'customer service' experience before you got your job as a member of cabin crew:)

Toowoombagirl
6th Jan 2004, 05:35
Hi Miss B,,
I was a qualified hairdresser/managaress and had waitressing experience and retail also.All customer service/hospitality.I also did telemarketing,sold weight loss,sold jeans and heaps of other stuff whilst moving around Australia.
Hope this helps;)

myt
6th Jan 2004, 18:18
hi,

I was a qualafied nurse in adults and paediatrics, all the airlines love that, Im now also an airline medical and resuscitation trainer.

gallie girl
19th Jan 2004, 15:49
hiya

i to was a nurse. dealing with so many emergencies i guess they think us nurses can cope in many situations. i have since left my position as a flight attendant with a small regional airline, which i was employeed with for 4 years, and have again returned to nursing, due to a move to the country. within that 4 years i did have some emergencies, the worst, a female pax suffering a suspected heart attack, thank goodness we were on approach into SYD when it happened......!!! i believe my medical back ground assisted me greatly in this situation..

regards gallie girl

Cupid
20th Jan 2004, 02:12
I worked in reatail fro 6/7 years, most of which at management level. It definately helped me, but I'll admit it's tough at first to apply the skills I developed in those years :D

Q-Tee
20th Jan 2004, 14:32
I had no experience ... I applied straight from Uni when I was 21, thought I would do it for a year before I got down to a career ....10 years later, I am still flying ! And still lovin it :}

hostie
20th Jan 2004, 17:11
Grew up in hotels and pubs in Devon and Cornwall, loads of summer jobs in hotels and restaurants

studied travel and tourism,

became a travel agent with Thomas Cook, then a couple of independants, for promotion.

Then I was an Hotel Manager (Devon country inn)

Then flew as cc for 8 years with 5 different airlines living in The Gulf (Bahrain), Italy, France and London

Then on the ground as Customer Service Manager

Now... back to flying

11 years in aviation, 18 years in travel & hospitality

:ok: