PDA

View Full Version : One word of advice ...

PAXboy
17th Oct 2001, 02:31
I just wanted to tell the world that my nephew passed his line check yesterday! So, for his line and that country's (not UK) CAA, he is certified as Captain of Jetstream 41 and now awaits the next available Captaincy. As he is not quite 25 years old, his family feel seriously proud - as you can tell!

At the end of the eight hour line check day, the training captain said, "Congratulations and just remember that - if anything goes wrong, the line will crucify you for it." :eek: :p
Sounds like good advice!

For captains (of any a/c) was there a good piece of advice that you got on your day of achieving the left hand seat?

HugMonster
17th Oct 2001, 02:33
Yes - "Trust your F/O, look after him, and he'll look after you"

TowerDog
17th Oct 2001, 02:40
"The DC-3 will bite you sooner or later and the F/O will mess up the paper-work".

Father Dougal
17th Oct 2001, 03:34
Not a flyer but I'd like to concur with hugmonster. Look after your assistant and they'll look after you! (ATC) but whatever our disciplines the bottom line is that nobody ever knows it all and if you really hack off the (highly trained and motivated) guy or gal next to you then you're a complete numpty - because when you need 'em they're you're greatest asset!

Elliot Moose
17th Oct 2001, 05:30
"I'm signing you off now, but my name is staying in the book as Captain until the end of the day" :rolleyes:

Actually that was good advice as I remembered to exercise it several times myself after that--including once on the guy who gave it to me!! :D

[ 17 October 2001: Message edited by: Elliot Moose ]