PDA

View Full Version : Low cost Airlines Hamburg - Northwest England

Airbus.De
4th Jan 2004, 17:52
Getting back from Hamburg to home on the Wirral is not cheap (Flying). Lufthansa have the Monopoly Ham-Man operating a Canadiar jet twice daily and once on sat,sun

With the A380 work here at Finkenwerder there is a hell of alot of people from NW UK wanting to get home and flights with Luthansa are now always Full and Expensive.

I appreciate Easyjet want open up a route HAM-LPL just for me and my family but are there any plans to open routes linking North Germany to North England?

lowfaresbuster
4th Jan 2004, 21:20
airbus.de, often booking the same MAN-HAM flight on the codeshare partner BMI is cheaper.
Also you can combine 2 x HLX flights ex. Manchester via Cologne Bonn to Hamburg to get a cheap link (see www.openjet.com), but this may not be suitable for the business travel.

timzsta
7th Jan 2004, 06:28
Not the most convenient, but have you thought of Air Berlin from Hamburg to Stansted and then Eastern from STN to MAN. Only one HAM-STN flight daily, I think there are three Eastern rotations to MAN each day.

Wing Commander Fowler
7th Jan 2004, 06:31
How about Ryanair Lubeck to Stansted and then linking up with the network from there - either Blackpool or another airline to the final destination?

Chillwinston
7th Jan 2004, 18:44
Doesnt BAe operate a fleet of 146's from various UK sites to the EADS facilities or is that just for BAe personnel?