PDA

View Full Version : NAS2bor NOT2b

OZBUSDRIVER
4th Jan 2004, 17:20
It appears that we may well be stuck with this thing. My question to everyone here who drives professionally down the GA end is this-

Other than the info that has been put into the booklets, is there any better way that a VFR flight can make itself more aware to the system? By means of specific requests on ATS freqs?

Especially with ClassD Towers would it be worthwhile announcing intentions prior to entering the base 4500 classE space even for transit to better help with their situational awarness as well as my own. Would my flight planned route be enough of a warning? Is monitoring alone safe enough? (There is a parallel in transiting close to YMMB GAAP on coastal route)

I would realy like to know if there have been any better ways of integrating in the new system.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards
Mark Jones

DirtyPierre
11th Jan 2004, 08:33
OZBUSDRIVER,

The best way to make yourself aware to ATC is to put in a flight plan. This is especially the case when you want to enter any airspace that requires a clearance for VFRs. This will put you in the TAAATS system, even though your flt plan might not be immediately activated. It can be a simply A dct B if you like, but it will ensure that TAAATS has a flt data record with an assigned SSR code.

If you don't want to or don't need to put in a flt plan, you can request traffic advisories from the ATC unit/agency controlling the airspace you are in. If they can identify you on radar, you'll get a traffic snapshot, and the ATC will have an idea of your callsign and position. This is a one shot advisory only, however, and is ATC workload permitting

Other than that, there is not much else you can do.

By the way, ATC do not mind talking to VFR's. We actually enjoy our job, and take great pride in delivering good service to all members of the aviation industry.

Catch you on the air....