PDA

View Full Version : Safe landing after plane problems

Islander Jock
4th Jan 2004, 12:18
A LIGHT aircraft has landed safely despite its pilot reporting undercarriage problems before touching down at Bankstown Airport in Sydney's southwest.

Emergency services were put on alert about 2pm (AEDT) when the pilot notified the control tower about a fault with the plane's landing gear.

A NSW Police spokesman said the four-seater was carrying the male pilot only.

The aircraft circled around the suburban airport as police, ambulance and fire crews rushed to the area but the plane came down safely at 2.30pm (AEDT).

"There was a problem with the undercarriage ... it came down safely," a NSW Fire Brigades spokesman said.

AAP

hope it wasn't a P28R with the nav lights on thus making the landing gear lights dim and almost impossible to see in daylight. If by chance that was the case, certainly wouldn't be the first time of it happening

poteroo
4th Jan 2004, 15:45
or a PA-24 Comanche or PA-30 Twin Comanche.

When I was endorsed on these things the dimming problem was very well explained, and it was even demonstrated how to swap the globes over, just in case one had failed.

happy days

Capt Fathom
5th Jan 2004, 07:57
...and in other news, I noticed a car in my street with a flat tyre. Passengers had a lucky escape from the midday sun, retreating to the safety of a shady tree .

Atlas Shrugged
5th Jan 2004, 09:09
Was a PA28R with the nav lights on as well as the gear unsafe warning light, aural warning and surprisingly, three greens!