View Full Version : swissport at MAN???

MrLostLuggage
4th Jan 2004, 04:25
Has anyone heard anything about swissport coming to MAN rumour has it that they are poss going to take over RHS (who are owned by by MAPLC OR MASS as they like to be know by now.
Not good news as that will proberly mean loss of jobs etc and pay and conditions going down the pan like the rest of the workers at MAPLC
RHS do ramp for MYT,JMC,BA and many other airlines also the MAN PLC own this company so wouldnt be a good idea for them to let go of that as if all the other ramp agents go on strike etc or an aircraft that they cant do....RHS GET TOLD TO DO IT

intresting times ahead maybe???

one truevoice
4th Jan 2004, 13:42
Swissport are in the process of buying out Groundstar I believe, all should be signed, sealed and delivered by the end of January.

And I think you are right Mr Lost Luggage, interesting times ahead, especially with Groundstar introducing a ramp product from the end of this month.

master slug
8th Jan 2004, 07:44
In the early 1990s Ringway handling were butchered by the fat cats of the PLC.They all took a massive paycut at the time. This was in the name of competition. They then had to suffer a further pay freeze of about 4 years.

But still the fat cats got fatter. Interesting at the time, Rumour had it that the pay cuts at the time were approx £100pw. wich was across the board. But the little sh@ts that ran the company took the £100 paycut but it was £100 per month.

So i dont belive that u could shaft the poor sods at Ringway again

Or could you......

As for swissport i heard that the Shoe was running them.

IN that case God help them

So says the slug.