PDA

View Full Version : Mr Geoffrey Muirhead CBE

Sir George Cayley
4th Jan 2004, 00:04
I see the boss of Manchester Airport was honoured in the New Years List by being made a Commander of the British Empire

Wonder what Sacktheboard, Chiglet, Bill the Coach, Niteflite01 et al will make of this?

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyones door

Bagso
4th Jan 2004, 00:27
I would have made hime a dame...

chiglet
4th Jan 2004, 05:10
Sir George,
Me, I just work at Manch.
Mr Muirhead is the "Boss" of Four International Airports.
Make of that just what you will.
watpiktch

sacktheboard
7th Jan 2004, 18:07
Just returned from a 2 week break in Cuba fantastic!

I think Geoff has done a fantastic job at Manchester Airport and deserves his OBE oops sorry, cbe.
No more 4 minutes queues at security just an hour or so. He is even thinking of installing cafes,shops and restaurants in baggage reclaim so you can entertain yourself while you wait hours for your bags to arrive, there is even talk of a hotel! (Lets get the Pax spending).
Tory Blair must really love him. He has virtually smashed the Unions at the airport, cut his work forces wages by over 40%, has rock bottom morale and a high turnover of staff.
What an achievement!
It was also nice to hear he had a great Christmas, especially the Boards / Shareholders and invited press Christmas party held at the Atlantic Suite in T2.
Just to remind their work force who is boss, they laid on for themselves a free bar, free food, free everything costing well over £18000. Do as I say not as I do springs to mind.
It was nice of them to rub their minimum waged work forces noses in it.

Its tough out there we must tighten our belts!!

Sir George Cayley
11th Jan 2004, 18:27
Nice ironic humour! I've been surprised how little vitriol has been generated by this news.

Having read in the past how bad it appears for the staff at Manch the award had David Brent in the Office written all over it.

Have also heard there's now a steady stream of middle management finding better things to do than work there.

Lets hope 2004 is better for all in the industry but especially the workers.

Sir George CayleyThe air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyones door

bagpuss lives
11th Jan 2004, 18:30
It wouldn't be professional or responsible of me to comment on such matters publicly ;)