View Full Version : Can Anyone Say Anything Good About Qatar Airways????

jasmin
3rd Jan 2004, 13:05
I hope someone may be able to help. I have heard nothing but bad things about Qatar airwys- and I am sure there are some people who like it- can anyone provide any information? Something positive ( seriously).

ayomide
3rd Jan 2004, 14:12
Qatar Airways is a very good airline! I worked with them for a year and had a wonderful time with them. Wonderful layovers, nice hotels and aeroplanes!

Rosters can be very rough, but it's all part of the job.

st.elmo
3rd Jan 2004, 17:48
Rosters are the worst I have ever worked in my life. Management use and abuse their positions. Rostering will try anything if they think they can get away with it. (ie I came off a 10hr day and they tried to put me on a flight which ment I would have been back in my apt 6 1/2 hrs later) In this instance the crew refused, cpt back us up, and rostering called 5 stand-by crew.

When asked why we this was tried in the first place? The reply was 'we dont have to explain things to you'. The flight deck demanded to know and they were told, 'we can do that to cabin crew'.

The company will call you on your days off so if you have a mobile use that rather than the house number when rostering need to contact you as you can then say, 'sorry im off drinking of away for the day'. otherwise they will try catch you out.

there are some fantastic crew out there, and i would at some stage love to meet some of them again. some of the guys working in the various dept of the QR towers are great and we still keep in contact. So there you go its not all bad. It's just very demorilizing and one begins to question what life is realy about. Should it be a hard slog or should it be great fun. I chose fun and left.

if you have a job dont, i repeat, dont give it up. if you have a choice and want to start flying in the gulf, apply for EK. you will love it. on top of that Dubai has so much more to offer than Doha. It's a hole of a place. :uhoh:

ayomide
3rd Jan 2004, 18:11
She was asking for positive sides of the airline, not anything else that can be found in all the other threads about QR.

Tart with the cart
4th Jan 2004, 02:24
well it doesn't seem like there are many good things to say about Qatar...

Jade
7th Jan 2004, 00:48
Jasmin

Something good about QR-
The cabin crew are the most hard working group of people you are ever likely to come across and the service on board is second to none!

Bangkok Layover
7th Jan 2004, 19:35
Jasmin,
Thanks for the PM.unfortunatly, as a policy I no longer reply to PM'. the information you need could be easily found if you read a few of QR topics on the forum.

Just to give you an idea, QR is mostly negative.Avoid them if you can!

916gold
10th Jan 2004, 00:41
hello jasmin,

cabin crew in QR do preach and practice team working. i've been told by some crews about how lacking team work is in their previous airline, and they do appreciate this good point among QR crew.

after some time being in QR, it did get to my head that if one has done consistent reading-up on the manuals, and just do one's work with thought, then it's just fine!

well, no matter where you go, there bound to be some 'less desirable' happenings or persons.