PDA

View Full Version : RYANAIR vs EASYJET

James / dunno
3rd Jan 2004, 07:40
A neat question: let's say I have two type ratings on the A320 and the 737-NG, I have to choose my airline between Ryanair, Easyjet, British Airways and Alitalia, what would I go for?-----------Ryanair and Easyjey seem two similar companies but they are the opposite: which of them would be ideal for a pilot?
(the aim of my question is to find out what people think is the best type rationg to have and which airline will give more guarantee of employment)

James

batty
4th Jan 2004, 01:40
Ohhh what a choice you have as a PPL holder!! :suspect:

This day and age take the offer that gets you into the right hand seat! Its not a matter of making up your mind whatever job comes from a C152 upwards take it and it will lead to the next!

If you get a jet job Boeing or Airbus with so few hours your one in several thousand. An offer of Boeing vs Airbus jobs then your lucks realy in, I'd go by a lottery ticket and give up the flying lark!!

Tinstaafl
4th Jan 2004, 08:27
James, you've asked this question previously. The answers people gave you generally agreed, saying that at your current level of experience (minimal to none) you would be better putting your energies into getting the required licences - NOT attempting to pick & choose what you would like to fly.

You will have little choice. You will accept a job from whichever company deigns to employ you AND you will accept whatever aircraft they choose to put you on.

Pretty much your only choice is who you choose NOT to apply to. At the start of your career the labour market is a buyer's one, not a seller's. Choosing not to apply to all available companies at the beginning of your career would be a bloody stupid thing to do.

DanBaxter
4th Jan 2004, 17:18
Hello,

I think this would be your ideal choice:

http://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Regards,
Daniel

yeboin
4th Jan 2004, 21:27
Dan: Ouch!:ouch: