PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Approach Plates for the UK

duir
3rd Jan 2004, 03:46
Whilst Hour Building here in the Uk I like to on occasion fly Instrument Approaches utilising my IMC rating (obviously with a safety Pilot). Is there a cheap way of getting up to date individual approach plates for the UK without having to buy the Jeppesson box set and constantly having to replace out of date charts? I currently use the AIP style charts from my flight school that were given to me during the IMC course but these are not really readily available for private flights and may be out of date a year later. The only way around this is to photocopy the originals which is for obvious reasons is less than ideal.

DB6
3rd Jan 2004, 05:52
The AIP plates are available on the web, up to date and free. Try here (http://www.ais.org.uk) . You have to register but that's free as well.

duir
3rd Jan 2004, 06:29
Thanks for the reply. I am registered on this sight but can't seem to locate where the approach charts are on it.

Evo
3rd Jan 2004, 15:34

click on "the UK AIP package"

UK AIP -> UK AIP -> Aerodrome data -> Asrodromes - Specific

and there you go.

One point to note - if you've got Norton Internet Security (IIRC) running then at one point things didn't work too well. The plates were in a 'ad' directory, and Norton decided that 'ad' must mean 'advert' and blocked them. Shutdown ad blocking and all was well; however, this was some time ago and may have been fixed. HTH :)

duir
3rd Jan 2004, 22:24
Thanks EVO I have found the plates