View Full Version : Aa Bos-man

EK
2nd Jan 2004, 19:29
Hi,

Ive heard the rumour that American are to commence a new transatlantic route from Manchester to Boston using a Boeing 757 in Spring.
Does anyone have any idea of the date this is suppose to start and the timings of the flight

Any more news on further developments at Manchester? I hear that Qatar are to go daily with A300 next summer aswell.

EK

This Charming Man
3rd Jan 2004, 05:29
Hi , Yes I've heard the same , Man Airport won't announce
the new service yet as they feel everyone is in wind downown mode due xmas. The want max publicity . ;)

For more gen on Manchester there are a couple of threads that discuss in detail the numerous proposed new/extra services.

one truevoice
3rd Jan 2004, 05:35
Manchester Airport will not announce anything yet as they are most probably not back from their Christmas festivities until Monday!

Caslance
3rd Jan 2004, 05:36
The word on the streets is that it's 767s, not 757s.

MD11FAN
4th Jan 2004, 19:17
I didn't think AA operate any 757s on transatlantic routes. I thought Continental was the only US carrier that operate 757s over the pond.(EWR-BHX etc)

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
4th Jan 2004, 19:45
American used to do as they came to Manchester a few years ago

Golf India Bravo

EK
4th Jan 2004, 20:21
American use to operate the 757 across the Atlantic from JFK to MAN a few years ago, but they suspended the service.

Bagso
6th Jan 2004, 16:04
AA Manchester "VIA Glasgow" to Chicago

..if it goes via Glasgow it will be dead by July....

Why on earth increase the capacity and then kill the service by rtg the wrong way.

Caslance
6th Jan 2004, 16:48
I've asked around my MAN sources and no-one seems to have heard about this - or if they have, they're not telling!

Don't AA already serve Chicago daily from Glasgow with 767s?

Doesn't seem to make any sense at all......:confused:

nef
6th Jan 2004, 19:45
Yes, AA operate a seasonal (May-Oct) daily GLA-ORD service - they have done for ages now, since about 1995 I think. This flight has always seemed to do OK, so it doesn't make much sense as far as I can see either.

As for MAN, you would think that the ORD route is doing well if they're planning to add BOS as well.

Curious Pax
14th Jan 2004, 17:53
Boston is official - this press release appeared on the Manchester Airprot website this morning:

American Airlines Announce Daily Service To Boston

American Airlines is launching a new transatlantic service between Manchester Airport and Boston Logan International for the summer season. This is the first time the two cities have been linked by non-stop scheduled jet service.

Boston is the most popular US destination not currently served with direct flights from Manchester with passengers instead flying on indirect routes via other US or European cities.

"We know that there is a great deal of demand from the Northern UK for a direct, non-stop link to Boston, and that this is growing," said Craig Kreeger, American Airlines Vice President Europe & Pacific. "The new service will provide a very convenient link for both business and leisure travellers whose destination is Boston or the 36 destinations throughout North America and the Caribbean that American serves from there."

Flights begin on 15 May and will run until 31 October this year and will be operated by Boeing 757 aircraft offering an all-economy class service with 188 seats.

MANCHESTER TO BOSTON (service commences 16 May '04, ends 31 October '04)

AA95 Departs 11.55 a.m. Arrives 1.55pm (local)

BOSTON TO MANCHESTER (service commences 15 May '04, ends 30 October '04)

AA96 Departs 8.00 p.m. Arrives 7.25 a.m. (next day)

"American Airlines' Boston service is a welcome addition to Manchester Airport and will no doubt prove popular with our passengers", said John Spooner, Manchester Airport's Managing Director. "Destinations like Boston have been growing in popularity and now Manchester Airport can proudly boast direct flights with a major carrier".

American, which has operated from Manchester since 1986 already operates a daily service to Chicago's O'Hare Airport with two-class Boeing 767-300 equipment.

American Airlines is the world's largest carrier. American, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection regional carriers serve more than 250 cities in over 40 countries with more than 3,900 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 1,000 aircraft. American's UK Web site, www.americanairlines.co.uk provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld Alliance.

busz
14th Jan 2004, 20:01
well, this is excellent news.

It is not often that Manchester gets a new transatlantic service. I hope that this service will prove to be very popular. I think this is going to be a landmark year for Manchester airport, already two new services and we're only half way through January!

Regards

Alex:ok:

GustyOrange
15th Jan 2004, 05:05
Great news,

let's hope GLA is next...

Gusty