PDA

View Full Version : New PPL exams

BEagle
1st Jan 2004, 19:46
The current JAR-FCL PPL exams are in the process of being changed. 3 new sets of exam papers are being issued to exam paper custodians; they may be used from today but become mandatory after 1 Mar 2004. The current papers may not be used after 29 Feb 2004.

Any exams already passed will, of course, remain valid for the full validity period of 24 months after the date of passing the last paper.

Make sure that you are not given any exam papers to sit from the current set after 29 Feb 04 as they will not be accepted for licence issue.

FlyingForFun
2nd Jan 2004, 16:20
BEagle,

How would you say the exams compare, in terms of difficulty and content, to the old ones? And are the questions similar enough that the PPL Confuser is still a good indication of whether you're ready for the exam?

Thanks!

FFF
-------------

BEagle
2nd Jan 2004, 16:46
I don't yet know as I haven't had the chance to exchange my papers yet. We exam paper custodians have to send the old ones in before they'll send us the new ones....

I suspect that the PPL Confuser may still be a reasonable revision tool; however, some of the answers in it are wrong - and never, never make the mistake of thinking that by just learning it from cover-to-cover you'll pass the PPL exams...

Ethansa
3rd Jan 2004, 00:49
so does that mean that there will be:

A) Detail added to the syllabus
B)Items removed from the Syllabus

In terms of revision books for the PPL are they now not the ones with updated material?

cheers

BEagle
3rd Jan 2004, 03:40
The questions have been taken from the current syllabus in accordance with JAR-FCL requirements. There have been no changes to the syllabus content, as far as I'm aware.

Ian_Wannabe
16th Jan 2004, 23:47
Can i just ask, what's going to happen if you've done some of the "old" PPL exams and you've got two left??

I've done everything but the navigation and met - does this mean I'm going to have to sit the new nav and met papers, or carry on with the old ones?

Thanks

Ian

BEagle
17th Jan 2004, 00:49
You sit whichever paper the Examiner gives you. Nothing in the syllabus has changed, so there's no reason why you should feel concerned.