PDA

View Full Version : route from hkjk to heca

RUDAS
1st Jan 2004, 16:21
i'd like to know if anybody can tell me the route followed from HKJK to HECA? i'm flying up there in daylight,and the reason i ask is that i believe one flies over Abu Simbel (on Lake Nasser) and then further north over Aswan on the way into HECA? Anyone flown this route,and if so,is the scenery as great as i've heard it is?

Thanks in advance:ok:

kichwa tembo
1st Jan 2004, 16:53
the normal routeing from nbo is via lodwar in nw kenya then to kenana in sudan then khartoum,merowe then abu simbel. good views of lake turkana near lodwar and of the nile from ktm northwards. depending on traffic, cairo atc may route you via new valley ( el-harga) and asyut or the more scenic via abeam aswan and luxor with the former being the normal flow when busy.. we go there at night but it may be light during the day.enjoy

planecrazi
1st Jan 2004, 18:17
I flew the route 10 years ago in a B200 on a ferry from Luanda via Lanseria to Tbilisi, Georgia USSR. I departed Nairobi and landed in HAAB-Addis Ababa, refueled and flew over Port Sudan, northbound to Cairo in a day. I think that this routing is not a good one these days due to Asmara and problems in the region. I think the best is the Airway UB727 out of Nairobi.

Which aircraft do you intend to fly as this would determine the range and fuel stops to?

kichwa tembo
26th Jan 2004, 17:05
dont know about mauritius,but to sez you remain with nbo until about halfway then continue with sez who are pretty good. the route only really starts to get scenic as you approach sez in vmc and you get granted a visual approach around male. approach normally bumpy and cross with downdraughts from the hilly island and you fly pretty close to the hills when you circle to land on rwy. 13.