PDA

View Full Version : Report of helicopter crashing into the sea off NSW

Time Out
1st Jan 2004, 15:28
January 1, 2004 - 12:57PM

A helicopter has reportedly crashed into the ocean off NSW's central coast, ambulance and police officers said today.

Ambulance crews and police were on their way to Bateau Bay, near The Entrance, after hearing reports that a helicopter crashed into the ocean.

Details were sketchy, but a NSW Ambulance Service spokeswoman said search teams were on their way to investigate reports of a helicopter crash.

It was not known how many people were in the helicopter at the time, or whether anyone was injured.

Gosford police said they had received reports the aircraft crashed between Kilcare and Putty beaches.

"Police are investigating, but nothing has been confirmed." a spokeswoman from Gosford Police Station said.

source (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/01/01/1072908835886.html)

belly tank
1st Jan 2004, 17:05
time out,

i heard the same thing, actually one of the girls in the news room at our local tv station rang me up this morning around 1130 and asked if i was ok. im only 20min flight time from the location at our base and ive not heard any reports on the tv, radio etc.

im not sure who it is either ive made a few calls , ill keep trying and see if i can find out some more info.

belly tank
2nd Jan 2004, 02:41
Emergency services have found no trace of a helicopter which was reported to
have crashed into the ocean off the NSW central coast today.

The search for the helicopter was called off about 1pm (AEDT) after no sign
of an aircraft crash was found in the area around Bateau Bay, near Gosford.

An Australian Search and Rescue spokesman says all helicopters in the area
have been accounted for.

He says there's no sign of a crash.

AAP