PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia going non-EFIS?

lesenterbang
1st Jan 2004, 10:13
I heard from a source that Air Asia is converting their 733 to non- EFIS due to some of them is already non-EFIS and for crew commonality all must either be EFIS or non-EFIS, and going to non-EFIS is cheaper.

Any Air Asia guys can verify to this? Anyway I hope this is not true for the sake of you guys there.

Happy New Year.

QNH1013
1st Jan 2004, 11:36
Old news. Yes, there are already 4 Non EFIS aircraft with Air Asia, along with the other 7 EFIS aircraft. There is full FMC usage and that's important. Senoir crews are given a short Non EFIS course to get used to the ADI and HSI display and differences and then some line training. The good part is a dual rating for EFIS and Non EFIS. Non EFIS isnt that bad actually. The idea of the company is to use these cheaper cost aircraft to make money before investing in new generation aircraft. That's the 'plan' anyway.

lesenterbang
4th Jan 2004, 17:14
Thanks for the answer. Just wonder, which aircrafts are non-EFIS? The last four?

Slasher
9th Jan 2004, 15:09
We had a non-EFIS 737-300 once. No big deal. You still got your FMC except LNAV selection plugs into the OBI of the VOR on your EHSI. VNAV path can still be programed and profile viewed through the dev scale on the Descent page. All you realey lose is your nice pretty map. "MAP" on the EFIS panel is placarded INOP. Like I said no big deal.

I guess itll be the same with AAs ones.