View Full Version : X Box or PS2

jimgriff
1st Jan 2004, 05:29
X Box or PS 2 for little jimgriff.

Answers please on a postcard to......

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Jan 2004, 06:17
jimgriff,

Look at the games you want to play and pick that way. It does not matter how good a system is, if it does not have the games you want to play.

If you want to compare the two:

The Xbox is easier for programmers to make games for, but the PS2 has more games on the market. As for Graphics, the Xbox is better. There are more PS2's on the market than Xbox's, so game makers are a little more inclined to make games for the PS2.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Also see what your friends have, since you will be swapping and sharing games with them. ;)

P.Pilcher
1st Jan 2004, 21:03
Class 10 FB at Cheesman school assured me, when asked this question last term that the PS2 is undoubtedly better than the Xbox. This is because there is more software available for the PS2, the gaming controls are much more user friendly, significantly improving playability and the base unit is small, making storage much easier, particularly near the main family TV set. .... They are the experts after all!

Compliments of the season.

P.P.

takenthe5thamendment
1st Jan 2004, 23:14
I bought my son this for Christmas.........

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/ProductImages.aspx?ProdId=809829

......it came with the Xbox Racing Pack FREE which included -
V8 Racing Wheel, Powershock Controller, Super AV Expander and Games Wallet.:ok:

I had a helluva job getting hold of one......everywhere was sold out, it was flying off the shelves.
He is thrilled with it and the house is constantly full of 16 yr old lads playing on it in his bedroom.:{ :{

Not being a 'gamer' I was really impressed with the graphics.

Whatever system you decide on, I'm sure your kiddo will be pleased!

ORAC
1st Jan 2004, 23:34
Mod Console (http://www.modconsole.co.uk/index.asp)

phnuff
2nd Jan 2004, 05:53
I read somewhere that some university somewhere had linked a whole load of PS2's together to build a supercomputer. The reason they chose the PS2 is that it could run Linux and of course, the Redmond wonder couldn't.

Of course, its doesnt mean it better, just and interesting fact

(signed PS2 owner who hardly ever uses it)

Tom the Tenor
4th Jan 2004, 15:03
Are there any flight sims available on PS2 or Xbox or any kind of flying games?

Front_Seat_Dreamer
4th Jan 2004, 21:29
Had both but PS2 just gone to new home where maybe it would get used for more than dust gathering...

In truth the bet way to find out which is suitable is ask jimgriff jr what he would prefer, you will probably find that most of his chums will have japanese offering so swapping of games is easier, however the seattle offering offers superior graphics which in my book counts for a lot more but that is personal choice. There are occasions I have wished that some games were available on my console but not often.

goates
5th Jan 2004, 08:08
Tom the Tenor - The only thing approaching a realistic flight sim that I have seen for a console is Crimson Skies for the XBox. Every other one that I have seen is at best just an arcade game.

As for Linux on an XBox, have a look at this link (http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/). Since it's basically a PC, Linux shouldn't have much trouble with it.

goates

Tom the Tenor
5th Jan 2004, 19:18
Goates, Thank you for the update about Crimson Skies working on Xbox. Tom.