PDA

View Full Version : M$ Word Icons

Compass Call
1st Jan 2004, 02:31
When I turned on my computer today, I noticed that the icons that preceed all my word documents had changed to a 'Keyboard' icon. I mean, they have changed from the usual 'M$ Word' type icon to a Keyboard type icon complete with a cable!
I don't know what I did to effect this change and I can't seem to change it back to what it was. The documents still open in Word, it just looks odd.
Anybody any ideas. I am using Windows ME & Word 97.
Thanks in advance.

CC

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Jan 2004, 05:09
Compass Call,

It has been a long time since I used WinME, but I think you could right click on a .doc document and choose properties, in there you could change the program that opened all of the .doc's.

That should solve the problem. My guess is another program took control of opening documents From MS Word.

Take Care,

Richard

Compass Call
1st Jan 2004, 07:46
Naples

Tried that and it had no effect. As I said, the documents open in Word even with the new icon.

TCS

Thanks for that. I found 2 normal.dot files, one very old and one dated 30/12/03. Deleted both to be on the safe side and now my icons are back to 'WORD' icons.

Once again, many thanks to you both for your help with this problem and a Happy (hic) New Year to you both (hic).

CC (hic)

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Jan 2004, 11:19
Compass Call,

I am glad to hear you are all set.

The documents still open in Word, it just looks odd.

I thought you meant manually. Good thing we have TCS there! :ok:

Happy New Year,

Richard