PDA

View Full Version : Tanzania Gold Mine

ColeFace
1st Jan 2004, 01:59
Hi all
Just read in the local paper that Barrick Gold has signed with the Tanzanian Gov't to open a second Gold Mine to be run by Pangea Minerals.
The site is near Biharamulo, 1070K NW of Dar es Salam.

I was of the impression that a Dash-8 was opperating for the mine and was wondering if any one had any information on this

cheers

cpt hamna sheeda
2nd Jan 2004, 00:04
The plane is owned by the mining company and flown by Canadian pilots, at least it was 3 years ago.

Cheers

ColeFace
2nd Jan 2004, 05:27
Many thanks cpt.

Barrick is a Canadian company so not too surprised the crew is Canadian, also they are the best at flying what we build.

Would you have any idea where they hire out of or who does the maintenance ?

Is there much other aviation in Tanzania?

regards Coleface

juliettepapa
2nd Jan 2004, 21:09
Hi all;

To be correct the captain is canadian but the f/o is Tanzanian.At the moment the aviation growing slowly and it could have some need.But remember"right time,right place".

Regards

406pilot
3rd Jan 2004, 16:33
hi, juliette papa(jp)

jeez finally Tanzania makes it to a pprune column,anyways guys the latest on KMCL(kahama mining corporation ltd) which is wht they call them selves is that the canadians have left the building and the new Aviation manager-chief pilot is very much a local and so is the rest of the crew.as far as i know they do their own maintenance thmselves(Own hangarage facility)...i believe its their policy to employ local guys,,,so PFS...anyways have a gr8 year guys

still a 406 pilot(but not 4 long i hope)