PDA

View Full Version : best airline

AT463
31st Dec 2003, 20:57
does anyone know which is the best airline to fly and why. is it because of the food or the service. also which is the best class to fly. is it business, first or economy and is it worth it to fly in it.

AIRWAY
31st Dec 2003, 21:16
Hello There,

This is my opinion of all the Airlines i have flown

PGA-Portugalia Airlines ( A Portuguese Regional Airline operating F100 and ERJ145 )

Great staff, very helpfull, the food is great ( thatīs to expect, Portuguese food is always good )

TAP - Air Portugal ( Portugalīs state carrier operating a full Airbus Fleet )

Crew ( not all of them ) not always helpfull could improve, food same as above, leather seats i love them.

British Airways and Qantas at the moment no complaints, JAL will never fly with them again.

I have flown with other carriers but the above are the ones i travel frequently with.

:ok:

exmax
1st Jan 2004, 08:48
In response to that question, the list of a multitude of factors which determines which is the best airline is pretty exhaustive.

Here are my opinions;
It depends what the individual traveller wants from their flight experience, frequent flyers, for example, would probably expect consistent and increasing benefits from their customer loyalty programme. Some travellers' budgets don't give them the opportunity to fly 'up the front' so their travel experience would be different to someone who never flys 'down the back'.

Again, some travellers want excellent cabin service for their money along with the crew who provide that, along with good quality and ample supply of food/beverages - 'you get what you pay for' comes to mind!
Alliances, route networks, connection times, baggage allowances, airline safety records, price.....and so the list goes on.

Are you thinking of travelling somewhere sometime soon to determine your choice of airline or are you just curious to know peoples' opinions?

PAXboy
1st Jan 2004, 20:59
Best airline? There isn't one! Every time this question gets asked - in which ever forum it gets asked - you get the same range of replies.

The moment someone tells you how they always fly XYZ airlines because of their superb service in all classes and their top quality food and their etceteras another person will give chapter and verse of why they are the worst airline ever to exist!

exmax has it right when listing some of the many criteria by which people judge any product or service that they buy or use. Not least in these is the cultural background of the traveller and the culture of the carrier and it's crew.

Jerricho
2nd Jan 2004, 06:57
PAXboy is so right.

The best airline is the one for the 23 hour journey you have just made that made you feel welcome. Made you comfortable. Extended good service and made the whole usually hellish ordeal that little more bearable.

I have had the same operator one month deliver above average service, and 3 months later I got home vowing bever to fly with them again. Other times I have had to fly with an outfit I swore I never would and was pleasantly surprised!

sevenforeseven
2nd Jan 2004, 17:12
Best buisness class>> Virgin Atlantic
Best premiun economy>>Virgin Atlantic
Best economy>>Virgin Atlantic

Worst buisness class>>British airways
Worst economy plus>>British airways
Worst economy>>British airways
Now this is from flying in all classes mentioned to IAD

gawain
2nd Jan 2004, 17:31
For the best try duo from Birmingham or Edinburgh. Outstanding service.

newswatcher
2nd Jan 2004, 18:01
You might find some of the "annual" surveys useful. In the UK, the Daily Telegraph invites responses from readers, and the latest results are here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/graphics/2003/10/11/awards.gif)

Skytrax (http://www.airlinequality.com) is another site with some comparative views from passengers.

Service aside, passenger comfort would appear to be top of most people's list, particularly in economy. You may find you "prefer" to fly with an airline where you get more leg-room for your money. With discounted prices being quite competitive on long-haul, you may wish to pay a little more for better leg-room. This (http://www.westernair.co.uk/seatpitch.html) is one of several sites offering comparative statistics.

In the UK market, some budget airlines offer less in the way of the customer service available to you, if you experience problems with your flight. This may assume more importance for you, if you are travelling with you family. "Single" passengers may feel it worth taking the risk of paying "less for less"!

tangocharlie
3rd Jan 2004, 03:45
Good point Jerricho. Basically agree with 747 but I have found the worst economy ever is Virgin!