PDA

View Full Version : Aero Australia Magazine?

Critical Reynolds No
30th Dec 2003, 09:18
Hey All,

Just seen this in the shops. Brand new mag by the looks. Is it a rehash of anything? Is there room for another Aussie flight mag?
Any thoughts?

ugly
30th Dec 2003, 11:01
I picked up a copy the other day. Its editted by Stewart Wilson who did the '...in Australian Service' books about aircraft that have served the Australian defence forces.

Quoting from the subscription page

"Aero Australia's philosophy is simple. - to provide the highest possible standards of readable and authoritative writing and new levels of production and design standards"

First issue covered the JSF, Concorde, Boeing 7E7, Airbus A380, the Aussie Tiger, a piece on Clive Caldwell, aircraft modelling (?) etc. Trying to cover a wide cross section of aviation interests.

Looks ok and was well laid out and easy to read. $8.50 shouldn't break the bank (unless you work in GA :rolleyes: ) so grab a copy - or just read it in the newsagent :ok:

(I have no affiliation with Aero Australia but will gladly accept any kickbacks ;) )

Critical Reynolds No
30th Dec 2003, 14:30
Just got myself a copy.

Only out 4 times a year....

KLN94
30th Dec 2003, 17:14
I suppose the best way to rate a magazine is to determine how long you leave it on the shelf in the dunny for perusal whilst on the throne.

I personally have to rate Australian Aviation as the best as I have issues dating back to May in my bathroom and they always make a good read.

Australian Flying on the other hand only lasts about a month before it gets ditched - the articles in there are luke warm but interesting never the less, and the mag is only a Bi - Monthly.

The AOPA magazine on the other hand would make a good toilet paper subtitute if the pages weren't so glossy. That mag just gets flipped from back to front and I am always left with the feeling of why I was duped to become a member so that I would get the mag posted to me every month. Crap.

So if this new magazine just out comes up with some interesting reading then there is no reason why it can't take pride of place on my dunny shelf for those contemplative times.

The PM
31st Dec 2003, 07:00
Hey Ugly,

Just don't read it at the newsagency, buy it! We have to eat and pay the bills as well you know! Cheers!

ugly
31st Dec 2003, 07:56
Hey Ugly,

Just don't read it at the newsagency, buy it! We have to eat and pay the bills as well you know! Cheers!

Relax - I bought a copy and recommended it to a few friends :ok:

I assume then you're somehow involved in the production then?

the wizard of auz
31st Dec 2003, 12:48
I picked it up for a glance and the first thing I saw was the write up on the PC12. being the same particular aircraft I flew a few months ago I bought the mag and the rest of the read was a bonus.
looks to be a good thing!.