PDA

View Full Version : Incident at MAN 29/12/03?

homesickangel
30th Dec 2003, 03:53
Flew into MAN this morning at 0737, landed on 06L and 06R was not available (according to the pilot of our flight). Shortly after landing, we were waiting for a stand and what seemed like the whole Ringway fire dept were seen headed off towards the 06L threashold. Departures also appeared to be halted, judging by the Q! We then got a stand and could no longer see what happened. Anyone know what was going on?

EGCC
30th Dec 2003, 04:16
Well its nothing to do with the fact 06R was not available as the 2nd runway is closed for the christmas period until January 5th. Single runway ops for the next week still, imagine it gets quite busy in the peak rush hour.

homesickangel
30th Dec 2003, 04:56
It was quite busy but no arrival delays for us and I am guessing that the wait for a stand wasn't helped by the freezing weather, loads of de-icing going on. We thought at 1st that the closed 06R was someting to do with the apperent emergency but concluded that this wasn't the case as the equipment was clearly waiting along 06L and departures were halted for about half the time we were waiting for a stand (15 mins). Your conformation of its closure seems to support that theory!

MANTHRUST
1st Jan 2004, 01:42
Smoke reported coming from stabiliser of a birdseed shuttle!
I suspect it was probably de icing fluid evaporating over the logo up lighter, although I stand to be corrected. Got away just ahead of the incident so didn't here the outcome.

homesickangel
8th Jan 2004, 07:42
Thanks Manthrust! We assumed it was nothing serious as departures resumed just as we were disembarking...