PDA

View Full Version : I need a job!!!

Jedi
29th Dec 2003, 14:02
Hi all, wondering if any one knows of any jobs going around (maybe not common knowledge) for an unemployed Aussie. I have experience in low cap RPT, charter and instructing.
2150TT
400 odd MCIR
800 odd Multi
Barron and Chieftain endorsed and experienced.
ATPL
Passed Airline interviews but not holding my breath in the current climate!

any advice would be appreciated.:ok:

redsnail
29th Dec 2003, 16:26
We all need a job mate :D
Righto, you didn't say where you are and if you are prepared to travel.
With those hours you should be good to get a look in with operators in Cairns or Darwin. Unless you know someone or have C&T (Grade 1 IFR instructor eg) experience then you'll probably have to pick yourself up and chase down those jobs.
Good luck. Try D&G for more info.

AIRWAY
29th Dec 2003, 22:07
Hi

We all need jobs.

Have you thought of leaving Australia? The market is still shaking so we have to try almost "anything" anywhere.

Jedi
30th Dec 2003, 11:55
in melb at the moment, have spent time working in and around the NT and northern QLD, really wanting to work were i like to live for a change. i know that sounds picky but that the way it is!
i could go for a job os but seems either too hard or too exy.

AIRWAY
30th Dec 2003, 16:27
i could go for a job os but seems either too hard or too exy.

Hello Jedi,

Yes true but no pain no gain.

Is your career prospects to fly airliners or just GA?

:ok:

Jedi
31st Dec 2003, 13:03
airline... i dont know anyone who would want to stay in GA, in oz that is! anyhow i dont wat to sound like im bitchin but ive done the pain - bringon hte gain!!!!!:E

onya
1st Jan 2004, 06:28
Helloooooo Jedi,
How many hours did you say you got? 2150? Matee someone has to tell you so it may as well be me. If you are choosing to be a driver in Australia and you don't want to go O/S then you need to know something. 2150hrs is **** all and if you really want to stay in Melb then get a pushbike and a paper run if thats what it takes to pay the bills but I wouldn't bank on your 800hrs of multi getting you over the line. Mate we all want to stay in our comfort zone and earn good money and enjoy life but face facts, it doesn't work like that for many of us. And with your low time don't talk about having done the pain. It's gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better pal. I'm actually surprised that you haven't worked this out yet. Be a bit adventurous champ. Load up the car and head up the east coast. You got enough time to score yourself a good gig earning award in a good place. Honestly matee I hope you can score some work in Melb but in reality the best opportunites are going to be outside the major centres. Good luck anyway, cos if you don't broaden your horizons a bit you're going to need it.