PDA

View Full Version : US Greencard Lottery

nomorecatering
29th Dec 2003, 09:12
So far I have been in the Greencard Lottery for 6 years with no result, using the National Visa service (www.nationalvisaservice). This morning I was talking to a friend who said it was a complete con and there is no chance of winning through this service.

Does anyone know anything about these people. Are they shonks??

wouldulikefrieswiththat
29th Dec 2003, 09:34
Dude, there is no charge at all to enter the diversity lottery. Don't pay other people to enter for you when you can do it yourself just as easily.

go here and have a read ... http://travel.state.gov/dv2005.html

nomorecatering
29th Dec 2003, 10:04
I have downloaded the info, now have to wait till Nov 1 next year to apply. wasted 6 years with those shonks

I have just read the info. I says you cant apply more than 1 time an any given period. All applications form an outside agency have no guarantee of actually being entered, but do have an equal chance of being selected.

does anyone know their track record of this crowd, do they actually submit the applications??

Howard Hughes
30th Dec 2003, 07:23
National Visa Service has been round for a long time so I expect that they do enter your details.

What you are probabaly missing, is the fact that there are hundreds of millions of applicants for the lottery each year, for generally around 50,000 green cards.

I think you will find it is the numbers that are doing you in and not NVS.

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Aerodynamisist
28th May 2004, 11:02
I don't know how the whole system works but you could try entering under several names. It never hurts to try and often it's the carfty people who know the system that get through such trails.

for example
John James Smith
John J Smith
John Smith
J J Smith