PDA

View Full Version : New destinations for Qatar Airways in 2004?

EK
28th Dec 2003, 21:33
Has anyone any idea of the new destinations planned in 2004 for Qatar Airways?
Will we see them continue through to Australia, I'd heard a rumour that Sydney and Melbourne were being considered.
Any sign of them crossing the Atlantic?

A300Man
28th Dec 2003, 22:02
SYD is a possibility via CMB. CMB is rumoured to be considered by QR as an additional hub.

JFK also rumoured when the A346HGWs arrive in 2006.

EK
28th Dec 2003, 22:09
SYD via CMB, thats an interesting one. Would this be closer to the Great Circle track from DOH? I would guess that going via Bangkok/ Singapore/ KL would add quite a few miles to the trip.
I think the service/ timing offered will have to pretty good inorder to compete with the new nonstop DXB- SYD by EK.

A second hub in CMB, how will SriLankan react to QR moving in? Whats the logic behind this one? It's worked for EK just operating from one hub.
Any news on further destinations?

Rosbif
5th Jan 2004, 22:03
I heard rumours about Toronto seeing QR in 2004. They would do well through Manchester, with all the Asian connections. It would also be nice for all the Canuks working at QR. The office in TO is now twice the size, so something is going on. It might be hard to get the 5th freedom from Canada, since all the Canadian carriers are hurting, but don't rule out a code share with AC to start. Where is Virgin when you need em?