PDA

View Full Version : BA domestic?

Wannabe Flyboy
27th Dec 2003, 04:33
Guys,

I'm going to be visiting MAN/EDI/GLA (not decided yet) this Feburary, probably on BA because I am impartial to the deli bag!

The question is where to go from - I live slightly north of LCY (15-20 mins drive) and this would be far the easiest place to get to (and I get to go in a 146 which I haven't before), but EDI is the only UK destination served from there. Would I be well off doing that - are the BA 146s nice aircraft - or should I go to LHR where I only get an A320 but I have a wider variety of places to go?

Boss Raptor
27th Dec 2003, 05:34
From where you are Stansted has to be a better option, straight up the M11, than LHR assuming you get the destination you wish

Hand Solo
28th Dec 2003, 20:41
The LCY aircraft are RJ100s, not 146s. They are toilets, often quite literally as the forwars lavs regularly overflow into the front galley covering everything with ****.

Wannabe Flyboy
29th Dec 2003, 05:20
146/RJ100 same thing IMO. Anway, I'm going to have to go to MAN so I'll do BA LHR-MAN anyway. Cheers guys.

GwynM
4th Jan 2004, 18:49
There is an alternative for London to Manchester.

It's still a metal tube, but this one runs on rails and is called a train...and you don't have to get to LHR

WHBM
7th Jan 2004, 06:03
Wannabe Flyboy:

I too live slightly north of LCY (5 mins drive/20 mins walk) and use the VLM service to MAN - which can have me on the ground at Ringway within 90 minutes of leaving my house, whereas I wouldn't have even made it into terminal 1 at Heathrow in that time. Good fares too, and an ever-increasing schedule.

osbo
12th Jan 2004, 07:58
Hand Solo

don't be daft, silly boy..........

BEST L/CONTROLLER
20th Jan 2004, 01:56
I didn't think BA or BACX operated RJ's thought they were all 146's

Cheers!!!!;)

bealine
20th Jan 2004, 03:15
I didn't think BA or BACX operated RJ's thought they were all 146's

The LCY Aircraft were all inherited from City Flyer Express and are RJ100's.

The Bae146 Aircraft are operated by BA Regional Airways and may be seen on the delightful LGW-INV route!

I believe we also operate Bae146 on the old Manx Airlines routes (because these aircraft were previously owned by Manx).

However, a particular Gentleman on the Continental Airlines forum signs all his posts with

".......Friends would not ask friends to fly in RJ's!" I'll have to ask him if that's 'cos of what Hand Solo's on about, or whether it's a double-entendre about the other thing RJ is an abbreviation for (things what keep rifle barrels dry when wading through swamps!)

Norman Goering
21st Jan 2004, 07:10
Must correct you old boy!

You speak in the royal "we" so you should know better....! ;)

RJ100's at LCY - correct.

146's are ex-Manx Airlines/British Regional Airlines and are flown by BACX not BARA (no such airline that I know of!). They are operated on a few ex-Manx & BRAL routes (INV-LGW; IOM-LGW/LTN etc.) but most of the ex-Manx routes are operated on the ATP (2 x) based on IOM, at least until March 31st, then it will be served by MAN based Dash-8's and reduced routes. Ex-BRAL routes are served by a mix of ex-Brymon/BRAL Embraer 145's, Dash-8's and 146's

As for the flying, flowing poo poo, can't say I've ever seen it myself. Perhaps it was just a nervous passenger reacting to the Khe Sanh approach into LCY - Ha! ;)

bealine
21st Jan 2004, 18:19
Norman Goering - I stand corrected! Of course it's British Regional Airlines (stupid typo!)

Anyhow, the point we both agree on is that both Bae146's and RJ100's are flown in BA's corporate colours!